| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| || | CURRENTLY OBSESSED
JANUARY 16, 2011 Favorite tools for late night startup hackers
Working flexible/crazy hours and from various locations is the norm in the startup world, and I’ve been meaning to write a quick post about some of the useful tools I’ve come across for helping collaboration in my startup, MediaPiston. I just saw this tweet by @thinkmaya which inspired me to get the post out. Startups Tech
| || || |
| | CURRENTLY OBSESSED
JANUARY 20, 2011 How to recruit top engineers to your startup
I’ve had the good fortune of working with great engineers and I’ve hired somewhere around 40 to 50 of them in last 5 years. Since I believe that having second-rate people will kill a company, I’ve put a lot of thought and effort into figuring out how to recruit great engineers. The best devs are the ones not looking for jobs!
| | CURRENTLY OBSESSED
JULY 27, 2011 How to Use Google Docs to Get Continuous User Feedback
This quick post shows you how to implement a continuous feedback system using Google Docs Forms and a simple script which I’ve included. What’s Great About This. Incredibly quick to set up (~5 minutes per survey). Realtime emails give you “the pulse of your business. It’s free. Example Surveys. How to Set Up. Enjoy.
| || | CURRENTLY OBSESSED
APRIL 24, 2010 Adding a Facebook like button to your WordPress blog
Facebook launched their new Social plugins including the new “like button, and in case you’re wondering how to add them to your WordPress blog, I found a great post by @ruhanirabin. Here’s what I did to get it working on my blog. I recommend installing WordPress on Dreamhost or another hosting provider.
| || || || |
CURRENTLY OBSESSED 7 Ways to Raise Money Without Giving Up Equity
| SUNDAY, MAY 8, 2011
My friend Sheryl of Greenopedia was just accepted to Startup Chile , which provides office space, a little seed money and an adventure in Chile, without giving up any equity. This seems like an incredible opportunity for any seed stage internet company. Startup Chile. Applications are submitted online, then evaluated by a team of judges. IndieGoGo. MORE >>
CURRENTLY OBSESSED Unexpected Startup Lesson #1: Quitting the day job
| MONDAY, MAY 10, 2010
This post is the first of a series on “unexpected lessons learned through my experience as co-founder and CEO of Snapvine , a venture-backed mobile social networking service founded in 2005 and acquired by WhitePages in June of 2008. Thus, 6 months after graduation when I was contemplating leaving my job, the risks felt enormous. MORE >>
CURRENTLY OBSESSED Unexpected Startup Lesson #2: Channel your Inner VC to Understand Startup Valuations
| THURSDAY, MAY 27, 2010
This post is the second of a series on “unexpected lessons learned through my experience as co-founder and CEO of Snapvine , a venture-backed mobile social networking service founded in 2005 and acquired by WhitePages in June of 2008. Valuation is an important aspect of VC deal terms, and a major determinant of your ultimate outcome. MORE >>
CURRENTLY OBSESSED Avoid This Startup Mistake: Losing Customer Focus
| SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 20, 2010
In 2006 when we launched Snapvine’s first viral widget and phone app for teens, it went viral overnight. We were overwhelmed with success within 3 weeks: our servers were swamped with signups – 1 million of them within the first 7 weeks. Our solution? Who were they? Why were they signing up? What did they want to see next? MORE >>
CURRENTLY OBSESSED Sell Ice Cream, Not Cream and Ice
| SATURDAY, MARCH 13, 2010
Doing a startup? Think carefully about the differences between technology , product and business. The startup world is full of incredibly smart people who design new applications that “change the world but lack a clear business model (product, but no business). filter it to determine the intent (a simple web form). FiReGlobal West Notes MORE >>
- Didn’t Get Into TechStars? Don’t Sweat It CURRENTLY OBSESSED | FRIDAY, JULY 22, 2011
- 3 Things I’ve Learned To Recruit Great Hackers CURRENTLY OBSESSED | FRIDAY, APRIL 9, 2010
- Add logs, pour fuel (VC money), light match (beta release day) CURRENTLY OBSESSED | WEDNESDAY, JULY 7, 2010
- Unexpected Startup Lesson #3: Why You Can’t Read a VC CURRENTLY OBSESSED | THURSDAY, JUNE 10, 2010
- 5 Tips for Conducting Successful Board Meetings CURRENTLY OBSESSED | SUNDAY, MARCH 7, 2010
- How much traffic do you get from being on the front page of Hacker News? CURRENTLY OBSESSED | SUNDAY, MARCH 21, 2010
- A Simple New Year’s Resolution: Wake Up! CURRENTLY OBSESSED | FRIDAY, DECEMBER 31, 2010
- If you want to ship, cut, cut, cut! CURRENTLY OBSESSED | SATURDAY, APRIL 17, 2010
- Seattle Half Marathon Recap CURRENTLY OBSESSED | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2012
- Looking for techie to fix serious bug! CURRENTLY OBSESSED | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 13, 2011
- How to Print Your Own Children’s Books (that won’t be eaten or torn apart) CURRENTLY OBSESSED | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 4, 2012
- LeadsCon: a crash course in “show me the money!!” CURRENTLY OBSESSED | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 23, 2010
- Crowdsourcing Meetup Notes CURRENTLY OBSESSED | SATURDAY, JANUARY 23, 2010
StartUpRoar can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.