| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | TIM KEANE
OCTOBER 30, 2007 "God is in the details." Mies van der Rohe - Startups and angels.
Whether you like the architecture of Mies van der Rohe or not, this particular comment does make you stop and think. think we thought that the good product guys could get away with it because the detail of good customer service was unimportant with strong IP. 'Startups and angels: Along the way to success. Archives. Profile. Subscribe.
| || |
| || || |
| | STEVE BLANK
JULY 30, 2012 Lying on your resume
It’s not the crime that gets you, it’s the coverup. Richard Nixon and Watergate. Badly Want the Job. Steve, you left off your education.
| || | UNION SQUARE VENTURES
NOVEMBER 16, 2011 Help Protect Internet Innovation
We have previously written about why the Protect IP Act (PIPA) is bad for innovation. Innovation on the Internet has been enabled by key organizing principles behind the design of the Internet, including the separation of different layers and the open architecture. In fact, SOPA goes beyond PIPA in several important ways.
| | CHRIS DIXON
JANUARY 31, 2012 Who should learn to program?
I’d also argue that if you are a non-technical person working at a web company the the first thing you should learn is internet architecture (DNS, http, html, web servers, database, TCP/UDP, IP, etc). There has recently been a lot of talk in the tech world and beyond about getting more people to learn computer programming.
| || || || |
VC CAFE Special: The 56 Israeli Companies Exhibiting in Mobile World Congress 2011
| SUNDAY, JANUARY 16, 2011
Allot is a leading provider of intelligent IP
service optimization and revenuegeneration solutions based on Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) technology, Allot Service Gateway solutions for mobile broadband are compliant with 3G.4G/LTE and WiMax networks and provide full cell awareness. Aerotel Medical Systems. Allot Communications. Amos Spacecom. MORE >>
- Would AT&T or Comcast Have Created Google?
But they did not create Google, Skype, Facebook, or even TCP/IP
. And here is what is at stake: the architecture
of the Internet. If we let the providers of Internet access control what runs on their pipes, we will cripple the elegantly layered architecture
of the Internet where access is decoupled from applications. MORE >>
FELD THOUGHTS Are You An Internet Entrepreneur In Colorado? Oppose PIPA!
| MONDAY, NOVEMBER 28, 2011
If you are a entrepreneur in Colorado who is working on something related to the Internet, please consider signing the following letter to Senator Udall and Senator Bennet opposing the Protect IP
(PIPA) Act. This success story rests on an architecture
—both technical and legal—that has allowed for innovation without permission. MORE >>
- Application Neutrality
believe it is possible to create such a policy and do so in a way that takes advantage of the architectural
underpinnings of the Internet. The architecture
of the Internet was created back in the 1970s by DARPA. What DARPA created was a framework of computer network protocols called the TCP/IP
model. Net neutrality rules. Bravo. MORE >>
STEVE BLANK Someone Stole My Startup Idea – Part 3: The Best Defense is a Good IP Strategy
| THURSDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2009
Early on in my career I took a “we’re moving too fast to deal with lawyers” attitude to patents and Intellectual Property (IP
.) The assets you can protect may include your “core technology like source code, hardware designs, architectures
, processes, formulas. Type of IP
. _. Outside the U.S. Intellectual Property. MORE >>
- Benchmarking Cassandra Scalability on AWS - Over a million writes per second TECHBLOG.NETFLIX.COM | SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2011
- The Forgotten Founder: YouSendIt’s Khalid Shaikh FRESH INC.: THE STAFF BLOG | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 2012
- Silicon Valley's Libertarian Problem FRESH INC.: THE STAFF BLOG | MONDAY, AUGUST 13, 2012
- From Agency to Enterprise Software: The Evolution of Buddy Media THIS IS GOING TO BE BIG. | TUESDAY, JUNE 19, 2012
- CEO Friday: Why we don’t hire.NET programmers BLOG.EXPENSIFY.COM | TUESDAY, APRIL 24, 2012
- Getting Funded: Step 4, Due Diligence PASSIONATE INTENSITY | THURSDAY, JULY 21, 2011
- Witsbits Announces Improvements, Opens Office In San Francisco ARCTICSTARTUP | THURSDAY, MAY 19, 2011
- SaaS & the Art of Software Pricing. A decade of AWS & Twilio experience in one hilarious hour. BUSINESS OF SOFTWARE BLOG | WEDNESDAY, JULY 18, 2012
- Invest in Israel Newsletter October 2010 Edition VC CAFE | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2010
- RipCode Acquired by RGB Networks AUSTIN STARTUP | THURSDAY, JUNE 24, 2010
- Stealth Mode Startup WWW.FROZENNORTH.ORG | FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 2011
- "When in doubt, look different". Geoffrey Moore at Business of Software. Video & transcript. BUSINESS OF SOFTWARE BLOG | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2011
- 5 Startup Steps to finding & working with freelancers NICKPOINT.CO.UK | SATURDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2010
- Smart Bear Live 6: Jared from Padseeker.com A SMART BEAR: STARTUPS AND MARKETING FOR GEEKS | WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 8, 2012
- Product Management 101 PLATFORMS AND NETWORKS | SATURDAY, DECEMBER 29, 2012
- Burnham's Beat: SkyGrid and the Emergence of Flow-Based Search BURNHAM'S BEAT | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 13, 2008
- American Censorship Day MARK BIRCH | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 16, 2011
- Selections Announced for 2007 Florida Venture Capital Conference FLORIDA VENTURE BLOG | MONDAY, JANUARY 8, 2007
- Christine: How the Big Guys Support VoIP Through Mesh Network Transitions CHRISTINE.NET | TUESDAY, MARCH 14, 2006
- Christine: Transforming Video on the Net CHRISTINE.NET | TUESDAY, MARCH 14, 2006
- Christine: How the Internet is Transforming Television Distribution CHRISTINE.NET | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 15, 2006
StartUpRoar can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.