article thumbnail

How Universities Can Help Students and Alumni Work in the Tech Industry

David Teten

Along with some friends from Yale (my alma mater), I recently brainstormed some ideas to accelerate a university’s campus tech community. Marketing of tech community : Yale Tech News , Yale Entrepreneurship Magazine. Those unique assets are sometimes leverageable into a resource for strengthening the university’s tech community.

article thumbnail

22 Entrepreneurs Explain Their Major Accomplishments in 2020

Hearpreneur

We were not forced to lay anyone off and actually added employees during the pandemic. Thankfully our employees have been wonderful during these challenging times, but keeping morale and positive energy during these crazy times has also been challenging. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. Photo Credit: Justin A.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

20 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

So now here in CT people will search for we buy houses in connecticut. Do this right and you have a winner with the potential to grow a whole new community of young givers, cheerful to give back and donate to charity. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. Thanks to Chima Ezeilo, FunDonor ! Thanks to Stacey A.

Naming 91
article thumbnail

Empowering Women And People Of Color In The Workplace

Duct Tape Marketing

He worked his way up from a male sort all the way to postmaster general in the state of Connecticut. So they might outline that for you, that you talk once a month, you have a private community where you can with each other. So I am born and raised in a very small town in Connecticut where I was the only minority K through 12.

article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

and Verizon Communications Inc. At its peak, in 2010, Goodmail had roughly 40 employees. Both studies counted only incorporated companies with employees. Communications. Connecticut. Connecticut. Journal Community. Journal Community. Comcast Corp., A Yahoo spokeswoman declined to comment.

article thumbnail

Episode 14: Be Your Own Boss, Restaurant Owners, and Friendliest Cities for Businesses | The Bcast

Up and Running

You can go so far in a single direction with too much freedom that maybe that’s not the best for people around you, or employees, or partners. Is that a quality of life thing for employees? Peter: Number three, New Haven Connecticut. If it’s so strictly adornment you might turn people off.

Texas 60
article thumbnail

29 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

Sadly, many people in our society come from communities where they were never, or rarely, touched by their parents, family members, or friends or only experience touch through sex. 7- To prioritizes employee and client retention. There’s a better way. Thanks to Matt Schmidt, Diabetes Life Solutions ! Photo Credit: Steven Randall.