article thumbnail

How Universities Can Help Students and Alumni Work in the Tech Industry

David Teten

Along with some friends from Yale (my alma mater), I recently brainstormed some ideas to accelerate a university’s campus tech community. Marketing of tech community : Yale Tech News , Yale Entrepreneurship Magazine. Those unique assets are sometimes leverageable into a resource for strengthening the university’s tech community.

article thumbnail

Top Social Media Measurement and Tracking Tools

www.foliomag.com

MediaPRO Community. Thanks for being part of the FOLIO: community. Web/Internet/IT/eMedia. Marketing/Communications/PR. Internet/Online Only. Internet/Digital Media. Connecticut. Connecticut. ); E-Mail Alert Sign-Up. --> Subscribe Now. --> Media Kit. --> About FOLIO. SEARCH FOLIO: Search.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Why (and how) you should let your customers do the advertising for you

Duct Tape Marketing

It had Windows 95 and could connect to the internet. Hatchwise is a crowdsourced design community that has designed over a million different logos, websites and graphics of all kinds. George resides on the Connecticut coast, where he enjoys photography, his family, and starting new businesses. I loved that little computer.

article thumbnail

Transcript of How to Turn Your Product Idea Into a Business

Duct Tape Marketing

At the same time, technology, even the internet alone, were making it possible for better products than ever to get created from small companies. Exactly, the prior product would have been a kind of clunky speedometer that had no connectivity to a community or to a manufacturer to your phone.

Product 61
article thumbnail

Where To Find The Most Angels To Fund Your Startup

Startup Professionals Musings

With today’s access to the Internet, and Google searches, it really isn’t that hard. This is an online platform connecting entrepreneurs based in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont, with Angel investors worldwide. Here are the largest flocks: Gust (formerly AngelSoft).

article thumbnail

Start Here if You are Looking for Angel Investors

Startup Professionals Musings

With today’s access to the Internet, and Google searches, it really isn’t that hard. Although relatively new, they announced early last year that their community had already grown to more than 500 startups, and 2,500 investors. But now to answer one of the most common questions I get “How do I find Angel investors?”

article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

INTERNET BUSINESSES. General Internet. - Communications. Connecticut. Computer And Internet. Connecticut. Internet Services. Journal Community. Journal Community. A community of WSJ readers interested in franchising news, trends and issues. . - Passenger Transportation. -