article thumbnail

How Universities Can Help Students and Alumni Work in the Tech Industry

David Teten

But now, the defining movie of today’s twentysomethings is “The Social Network”. Along with some friends from Yale (my alma mater), I recently brainstormed some ideas to accelerate a university’s campus tech community. Marketing of tech community : Yale Tech News , Yale Entrepreneurship Magazine.

article thumbnail

22 Entrepreneurs Explain Their Major Accomplishments in 2020

Hearpreneur

However, I focused my time and energy into leveraging my network and pulling together 22 great speakers from 10 different countries and making the event the best it could possibly be. We used the court closure downtime to create dcfdefense dot com, Connecticut’s only website dedicated to child protection and Connecticut DCF defense.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

20 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

So now here in CT people will search for we buy houses in connecticut. Do this right and you have a winner with the potential to grow a whole new community of young givers, cheerful to give back and donate to charity. We chose hub because it is the effective center of an activity, region, or network of all of these places.

Naming 91
article thumbnail

Empowering Women And People Of Color In The Workplace

Duct Tape Marketing

More About The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network: Check it out here. John Jantsch (00:00): Today's episode is brought to you in part by Success Story, hosted by Scott D Clary and brought to you by the HubSpot podcast network. He worked his way up from a male sort all the way to postmaster general in the state of Connecticut.

article thumbnail

Top Social Media Measurement and Tracking Tools

www.foliomag.com

MediaPRO Community. Thanks for being part of the FOLIO: community. Join the Network for Magazine & eMedia Publishing. Connecticut. Connecticut. ); E-Mail Alert Sign-Up. --> Subscribe Now. --> Media Kit. --> About FOLIO. RSS Feeds. --> --> Bookmark FOLIOMag.com. SEARCH FOLIO: Search. Careers Home. Search Jobs.

article thumbnail

Why (and how) you should let your customers do the advertising for you

Duct Tape Marketing

Hatchwise is a crowdsourced design community that has designed over a million different logos, websites and graphics of all kinds. George resides on the Connecticut coast, where he enjoys photography, his family, and starting new businesses. I am currently CEO of a company I founded around 8 years ago: Hatchwise.

article thumbnail

Transcript of How to Turn Your Product Idea Into a Business

Duct Tape Marketing

Exactly, the prior product would have been a kind of clunky speedometer that had no connectivity to a community or to a manufacturer to your phone. So we try to crack that in terms of creating that community who give products the audience and visibility, and that just simply didn’t exist, we start the Grommet.

Product 61