article thumbnail

How Universities Can Help Students and Alumni Work in the Tech Industry

David Teten

Along with some friends from Yale (my alma mater), I recently brainstormed some ideas to accelerate a university’s campus tech community. Teaching and research on entrepreneurship : SOM’s Program on Entrepreneurship , Kyle Jensen’s courses. Marketing of tech community : Yale Tech News , Yale Entrepreneurship Magazine.

article thumbnail

Can’t Decide What Business to Start? No Problem, We’ll Tell You

Up and Running

This is an industry that encompasses many different types of youth-focused programs. If you’re concerned about demand, talk to community leaders, churches, high schools, and your local Chamber of Commerce. Find out which areas the youth in your community need help with. As such, it appeals to a wide audience.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

22 Entrepreneurs Explain Their Major Accomplishments in 2020

Hearpreneur

8- Getting into the Mediavine advertising program. Since investing my time, energy, and money in the best SEO practices, I’ve seen significant growth in my traffic, and Mediavine accepting me into their program is an amazing success for me. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. Photo Credit: Ivana Kurili?.

article thumbnail

Piers, Parks and Why White People Suck

This is going to be BIG.

The park as it is currently designed is serving the wider community of Brooklyn, not necessarily the people who live right next door who may have, at one time, thought of it as "theirs". I run the free kayaking program in the park--and it''s the most ethnically and socioeconomically diverse thing in my life. That''s why I love it.

article thumbnail

Why (and how) you should let your customers do the advertising for you

Duct Tape Marketing

Hatchwise is a crowdsourced design community that has designed over a million different logos, websites and graphics of all kinds. Shortly after we launched we created a unique program that runs in the background of the site that catches most clipart and keeps designers from copying the work of other designers.

article thumbnail

Top Social Media Measurement and Tracking Tools

www.foliomag.com

MediaPRO Community. Thanks for being part of the FOLIO: community. Zite Expands Its Publisher Program. Connecticut. Connecticut. ); E-Mail Alert Sign-Up. --> Subscribe Now. --> Media Kit. --> About FOLIO. RSS Feeds. --> --> Bookmark FOLIOMag.com. SEARCH FOLIO: Search. Careers Home. Search Jobs. Add Your Resume.

article thumbnail

Empowering Women And People Of Color In The Workplace

Duct Tape Marketing

He worked his way up from a male sort all the way to postmaster general in the state of Connecticut. If you're fortunate enough, some companies, um, or organizations have formal mentoring programs. So they might outline that for you, that you talk once a month, you have a private community where you can with each other.