article thumbnail

How Universities Can Help Students and Alumni Work in the Tech Industry

David Teten

But now, the defining movie of today’s twentysomethings is “The Social Network”. Along with some friends from Yale (my alma mater), I recently brainstormed some ideas to accelerate a university’s campus tech community. Marketing of tech community : Yale Tech News , Yale Entrepreneurship Magazine.

article thumbnail

Why (and how) you should let your customers do the advertising for you

Duct Tape Marketing

Hatchwise is a crowdsourced design community that has designed over a million different logos, websites and graphics of all kinds. George resides on the Connecticut coast, where he enjoys photography, his family, and starting new businesses. I am currently CEO of a company I founded around 8 years ago: Hatchwise.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Where To Find The Most Angels To Fund Your Startup

Startup Professionals Musings

Although relatively new, AngelList already has featured over 42,000 businesses and provided over 28,000 introductions to potential investors in a format that''s, effectively, a social network for entrepreneurs and Angels. New England Investment Network. Keiretsu Forum. Angel Capital Association (ACA).

article thumbnail

Start Here if You are Looking for Angel Investors

Startup Professionals Musings

Although relatively new, they announced early last year that their community had already grown to more than 500 startups, and 2,500 investors. The format is more social networking in nature, and they also will soon provide a recruiting portal for crowdfunding with unaccredited investors, now that the US JOBS Act has been passed.

article thumbnail

12 Questions: Meet Pamela Harvey (USA)

crowdSPRING Blog

In our 12 Questions blog series, we feature interviews with someone from the crowdSPRING community. For these interviews, we pick people who add value to our community – in the blog, in the forums, in the projects. Plainly – activities that make crowdSPRING a better community. Ah yes, that’s an all-too-common problem.

article thumbnail

Finding Your Co-Founders

techcrunch.com

Other cities like New York, Boston, Seattle, LA and Austin TX also have pretty strong startup communities. In my case, I grew up in Connecticut and spent a fair amount of time in New York – all the while trying to start companies, relatively unsuccessfully. To be blunt, find a way to move to Silicon Valley.