article thumbnail

How Universities Can Help Students and Alumni Work in the Tech Industry

David Teten

So universities have realized that for many students, promising a career in technology and entrepreneurship is key to recruiting high potential students. Along with some friends from Yale (my alma mater), I recently brainstormed some ideas to accelerate a university’s campus tech community. Everyone wants to work in tech startups.

article thumbnail

Can’t Decide What Business to Start? No Problem, We’ll Tell You

Up and Running

If you’re concerned about demand, talk to community leaders, churches, high schools, and your local Chamber of Commerce. Find out which areas the youth in your community need help with. Could you help children develop skills, stay off the street, and get more engaged in their own or in another community?

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

22 Entrepreneurs Explain Their Major Accomplishments in 2020

Hearpreneur

We managed to launch our WhitePaper, which was a research paper on blockchain technology we spent two years working on. My firm worked to expanded our criminal law practice and online presence in 2020 to domestic violence, child protection, and Connecticut Department of Children & Families defense. 15- WhitePaper launch.

article thumbnail

Top Social Media Measurement and Tracking Tools

www.foliomag.com

MediaPRO Community. eMedia & Technology. ADVERTISEMENT. ); ); ); Home » emedia and Technology. Thanks for being part of the FOLIO: community. RECENTLY in emedia and Technology. Merging Brands with Technology. Merging Brands with Technology. Insight, trends, technology and more on. Careers Home.

article thumbnail

Why (and how) you should let your customers do the advertising for you

Duct Tape Marketing

I grew up in the nineties, and my parents weren’t big on technology. Hatchwise is a crowdsourced design community that has designed over a million different logos, websites and graphics of all kinds. George resides on the Connecticut coast, where he enjoys photography, his family, and starting new businesses.

article thumbnail

Transcript of How to Turn Your Product Idea Into a Business

Duct Tape Marketing

At the same time, technology, even the internet alone, were making it possible for better products than ever to get created from small companies. Exactly, the prior product would have been a kind of clunky speedometer that had no connectivity to a community or to a manufacturer to your phone.

Product 61
article thumbnail

Where To Find The Most Angels To Fund Your Startup

Startup Professionals Musings

Since its founding in 2000, its members have invested over $400 million in companies in technology, consumer products, healthcare/life sciences, real estate and other segments with high growth potential. The Founding Chapter is in Silicon Valley, California, (naturally). New England Investment Network. Angel Capital Association (ACA).