article thumbnail

Software Development Companies in Southern California

SoCal CTO

In a recent conversation with a fellow CTO, we lamented about the fact that while there's very active software development and web development going on in Southern California and West Los Angeles, yet there didn't seem to be as much of a community around it. Yes, there are some events around particular technologies.

article thumbnail

Frameworks Round 3

TechEmpower

The community''s response remains strong! The community contributed numerous framework tests giving us coverage of several platforms we were missing in previous rounds. at the community''s strong recommendation. Based on community dialogue we''ve observed , we anticipate this problem will be resolved for a later round.

Framework 509
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Google Engineer: How We Interview, How I’d Beat Us for Talent, & How Non-Technical Founders Should Approach Devs

View from Seed

It’s amazing how often people don’t get to that in the conversation. One example I’ve seen is when someone executes an exercise in code and they forget a basic function of a list in Java, for instance, which is something you should remember as essential. How could they fit into your team? How do they view the world?

article thumbnail

Frameworks Round 2

TechEmpower

Third place is held by plain Java Servlets running on Caucho''s Resin Servlet container. PHP with an ORM and Cake improved dramatically from last week''s test thanks to configuration changes recommended by the community. Java / JVM. Vert.x , which is built on Netty, retains second place. Additional “stripped” tests.

Framework 559
article thumbnail

Choosing Technologies for Your Web Startup (Part 2)

crowdSPRING Blog

In Part 1 of this blog series, I presented a rather dysfunctional conversation going on between software consultants and you, their client. A great platform to consider is the JVM (Java Virtual Machine). Java, PHP, Python, Ruby? I originally promised that in Part 2 I would go into some specific software products. MVC vs. REST?

article thumbnail

How Black People Leveraged Tech Bigotry to Boss the Blockchain Below the Radar

Austin Startup

The African-American community with a global movement known as the Afro-Tech quietly mastered blockchain/distributed ledger technology several years ago to benefit urban communities. You need a community and ecosystem that adopts and use your tech.

article thumbnail

Framework Benchmarks

TechEmpower

Netty , Vert.x , and Java servlets are fast, but we were surprised how much faster they are than Ruby , Django , and friends. For this exercise, we aimed to configure every framework according to the best practices for production deployments gleaned from documentation and popular community opinion. Simulating production environments.

Framework 560