article thumbnail

Introducing the Hitchhiker’s Guide to New York City Tech

View from Seed

New York City is a dream but can also be a navigational nightmare, equal parts crammed circus and rat race mixed at warp speed. This holds for the city’s tech sector. In order to provide more transparent access and information, today we’re excited to launch the Hitchhiker’s Guide to New York City Tech.

article thumbnail

Making the NYC Community Smaller

This is going to be BIG.

When I was in college, at Fordham''s scenic Rose Hill campus in the Bronx, I deeply rooted into my community. Being intensely involved in community life there made the campus seem small and familiar. After I graduated in 2001, I remember it seeming impossible to feel the same way about living in New York City.

Community 116
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How To Predict The Future

Feld Thoughts

In it, I examine how the hobbyist community is now building inexpensive unmanned aerial vehicle auto-pilot hardware and software. Wikipedia was a tremendous invention in the process of knowledge curation, and it was dependent, in turn, on the invention of wikis. Read Gotham: The History of New York City to 1898.)

article thumbnail

How to Run a Tech Conference in NYC

This is going to be BIG.

The biggest thing that conference organizers don’t seem to understand is the following: New York City is not one tech community. New York is a multi-industry town. It’s very possible and I’ve been to some good ones—and the best ones all have some common attributes. Mix up the formats.

article thumbnail

Succeeding in Venture Capital as an Introvert

Hunter Walker

I can’t say that Covid-19 has made me rethink the personal utility of the really big conferences (I don’t attend many), but it does make me miss the curation of smaller groups. There’s just so much community and learning-by-osmosis (or serendipity) that comes from being together.

article thumbnail

20 must-attend tech conferences for female entrepreneurs in 2014

The Next Web

PSFK presents a ‘curated collection of creative thinkers will present new ideas in design, innovation and storytelling to an audience of peers’ in New York City on April 11. The Summit is building a community of queer women in tech worldwide. Rakia Reynolds , Skai Blue Media. . Empact Showcase 2014.

Omaha 165
article thumbnail

What monks, chefs, lugers, singers, graffiti artists and actors all have in common

VC Adventure

We probably don’t give most people we pass running around our respective busy cities a second look, but rushing by you are people with interesting expertise and experience. SideTour looks to unlock this community and enable them to market and generate income off of their unique expertise. The company announced today a $1.5M