article thumbnail

Launching a Portfolio Acceleration Platform at a Venture Capital or Private Equity Fund

David Teten

Almost every private equity and venture capital investor now advertises that they have a platform to support their portfolio companies. VC Platform community has grown approximately 120% in the last 3 years. For example, recruiting writ large is useful at all stages of development. Customer Development.

article thumbnail

How To Get a Job In Venture Capital

VC Adventure

The number of new venture firms raising their first fund has increased markedly – especially since 2011 (new funds are a good barometer of the growth of the industry, and a leading indicator of job growth in venture capital). Not getting a job in venture may be the best thing that happens to your career.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

5 Startup Funding Models That Depend On The Consumer

Startup Professionals Musings

Yet as I mentor entrepreneurs around the country, crowdfunding still seems to be one of the least understood approaches to startup funding, with more myths than accredited angels and professional venture capital investors combined. Other popular sites for startups, including StartupNation and Startups.co Marty Zwilling.

article thumbnail

How to Scale a Venture Capital (or Private Equity) Fund

David Teten

– Encourage founders to turn to other founders and their broader community as resources, not just the VC’s own staff. First Round Capital’s forum for portfolio executives is a powerful example of a scaleable resource. engineers, designers, business developers). – Launch a venture capital fund of funds.

article thumbnail

This Week in Venture Capital – Episode 2

Both Sides of the Table

I was on This Week in Venture Capital (TWiVC) again this week with Jason Calacanis. Quirky - Platform facilitating collaborative design of consumer products through an online community. On the first point – think of Steven Blank’s customer development but for physical products.

article thumbnail

6 Ways To Build And Capitalize On Personal Leadership

Startup Professionals Musings

I’m not an expert on leadership, so I am always on the lookout for specific development guidance, such as the classic book, “ Leadership Results ,” by the well-known leadership coach and business psychologist, Sebastian Salicru. Build positive psychological capital to sustain your business.

article thumbnail

How Venture Capital Decision Making Has Changed During the Pandemic

View from Seed

Noting our own experience, we questioned whether the fast proliferation of virtual interaction introduced by the COVID-19 crisis had changed investor decision-making more broadly across the venture capital industry. Following initial decision paralysis, many venture capitalists have returned to pace.