article thumbnail

This Week in Venture Capital – Episode 2

Both Sides of the Table

I was on This Week in Venture Capital (TWiVC) again this week with Jason Calacanis. They bought distribution and engineering talent. 10 million in Series B Menlo Ventures , Steamboat. Quirky - Platform facilitating collaborative design of consumer products through an online community. No big surprise.

article thumbnail

Brad Feld Drops Knowledge. Here’s What He Said …

Both Sides of the Table

Yeah, that was when I changed for me…” “…there was so much positive feedback on demystifying this one element of venture capital. So we have five themes – Digital Life and Distribution are the other two.”. Distribution. Brad’s start in Venture Capital. I do something I now call community hours.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Things To Expect As A Woman Founder When Starting A Tech-Based Company

YoungUpstarts

Venturing out into the startup world can be a big task for anyone, but women have to face a myriad of acceptance issues not just from society but also the business community. of venture capital investment in 2018. Responding to Social Expectation. According to a report, in spite of playing a significant role in the U.S.

article thumbnail

Entrepreneurial Density and Venture Capital

Feld Thoughts

Richard Florida continues to write amazing stuff about Startup Communities in The Atlantic Online. Two of his latest articles talk about entrepreneurial density and venture capital. The Connection Between Venture Capital and Diverse, Dense Communities. High-Tech Challengers to Silicon Valley.

article thumbnail

Bad returns be damned: Venture capital fundraising jumps 31 percent in U.S

www.geekwire.com

VENTURE CAPITAL. You are here: Home / Startups / Bad returns be damned: Venture capital fundraising jumps 31 percent in U.S. Bad returns be damned: Venture capital fundraising jumps 31 percent in U.S. Filed Under: Startups , Tech Tagged With: Madrona , Startups , Tech , Venture capital.

article thumbnail

Succeeding in Venture Capital as an Introvert

Hunter Walker

When it comes to my job, after practicing venture capital for seven years under normal circumstances, it was instructive to get thrown into this new scenario, because I don’t think we’ll ever fully “return to normal.” There’s just so much community and learning-by-osmosis (or serendipity) that comes from being together.

article thumbnail

Why Startup Communities are Essential

Duct Tape Marketing

Why Startup Communities are Essential written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing. In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast , I interview Brad Feld, c0-author of a new book The Startup Community Way: Evolving an Entrepreneurial Ecosystem. What makes a startup community? What makes a startup community? *