article thumbnail

Framework Benchmarks Round 7

TechEmpower

Round 7 includes many new framework test implementations contributed by the community. To date, the project has processed 344 pull requests from the community. Thanks to community contributions, the C# tests have been dramatically improved, especially when querying the database. Thanks so much for your contributions.

Framework 507
article thumbnail

Frameworks Round 2

TechEmpower

On Tuesday of this week, we kicked off a pair of EC2 instances and a pair of our i7 workstations to produce updated data. We dive right in with the EC2 JSON test results, but please read to the end where we include important notes about what has changed since last week. First up is data from the EC2 m1.large large instances.

Framework 559
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How 99Designs.com came to be

Sophia Perl of Wisdom

Hahaha, I laugh because later in his talk he mentions another website with a long name. One idea that never took off was NameMyThingey.com where you can crowdsource business names. People would get 50-100 name recommendations and be indecisive and not choose a name after all. Alright back to the talk.

EC2 53
article thumbnail

Twitter Link Roundup #60 – Small Business, Social Media, Design, Copywriting, Marketing And More

crowdSPRING Blog

The image above shows the label for Buttface Amber Ale – one of a number of ridiculous beer names in the marketplace (see full post in the Random Fun section below) from huffingtonpost.com. Useful comparison of Amazon vs. Rackspace clouds & why Mixpanel is moving to EC2 – [link]. SPEC Campaign [link].

article thumbnail

Frameworks Round 1

TechEmpower

We have since posted a second round and third round that each include community-contributed updates. This is an EC2 test run on a pair of Large instances. For this exercise, we aimed to configure every framework according to the best practices for production deployments gleaned from documentation and popular community opinion.

Framework 544
article thumbnail

Framework Benchmarks

TechEmpower

This is an EC2 test run on a pair of Large instances. For this exercise, we aimed to configure every framework according to the best practices for production deployments gleaned from documentation and popular community opinion. We ran each test on EC2 and our i7 hardware. Starting again with EC2. JSON serialization test.

Framework 560
article thumbnail

What the Past Can Tell Us About the Future of Social Networking

Both Sides of the Table

Other people were in the online community called “ The Well &# (founded in 1985). We were looking for what I call the “6 C’s of Social Networking&# – Communications, connectedness, common experiences, content, commerce & cool experiences (fun!). And so it goes with social networking. And then came AOL.