article thumbnail

The most important 2021 Predictions in entertainment tech and gaming

VC Cafe

Streaming, gaming, ecommerce increased adoption rapidly, advancing 10 years in the space of a few months. Products that were previously not inherently social, will embrace community, stories and sharing to increase stickiness and drive revenue. eCommerce grew 5 years in 3 months – graph taken from Benedict Evans deck.

article thumbnail

Be Honest About Whether Your Product Really Makes a Difference

Both Sides of the Table

Or app companies that went viral due to spammy friend requests to download in an app store only to have a community backlash and subsequent crash. If venture capital is propping up your business performance – good luck when the spigot slows one day. Push yourself hard to be honest with yourself.

Product 150
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Why are Revenue-Based VCs investing in so many women & underrepresented founders?

David Teten

I’ve been a traditional equity VC for 8 years, and I’m now researching new business models in venture capital. I have been impressed by how these venture capitalists are accomplishing a major social impact goal…without even trying to. I contacted every RBI venture capital investor I could identify, and learned: .

Revenue 60
article thumbnail

8 Startup Lessons You Could Learn from Gotham Gal

Both Sides of the Table

Be a mensch – the world is small than you think and bad karma will catch up to you “We’re in a very small community. It’s surprising how small the tech community is and the older you get the more you realize how much people from earlier in your life have a way of coming back into it. The women are out there.

Startup 311
article thumbnail

$43.2 Million That Can Help You

Growthink Blog

Now that summer is officially over, venture capital activity is picking up. I just reviewed the many companies who recently raised venture capital with an eye towards those that are offering products and services that could benefit other entrepreneurs and business owners. million led by Greycroft Partners and BV Capital.

Azure 74
article thumbnail

This Week in VC with Dana Settle of Greycroft Partners

Both Sides of the Table

Our guest this week on #TWiVC was Dana Settle , partner at Greycroft Partners , a venture capital firm with offices in New York and Los Angeles. It’s always fun debating companies with Dana because she’s always so knowledgeable on deals – particularly those in the digital media, ad-tech and eCommerce spaces.

Partner 240
article thumbnail

Opportunities for startups in the creator economy

VC Cafe

Let’s start with a short definition: [the creator economy] is defined as the class of businesses built by over 50 million independent content creators, curators, and community builders including social media influencers, bloggers, and videographers, plus the software and finance tools designed to help them with growth and monetization.

Startup 207