article thumbnail

Texas Gets A New Tech Equity Program

Austin Startup

That’s where we come in, Dream Corps TECH , formerly #YesWeCode, is a national program cultivating future leaders and entrepreneurs from underrepresented backgrounds, creating a pipeline of diverse talent that will shift the culture of the tech sector. but at the expense of Black and Brown talent. Interested in getting involved?

article thumbnail

Early Stage Advisor Equity Grants

Eric Friedman

I have been thinking about early stage equity and advisor grants for some time, including a post in 2016 , that I rely on and wanted to revisit. I have had a few founder friends reach out to me asking about how much equity to give to an advisor, and had some operators reach out asking how to become an advisor for an early stage founder.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Experts share tips for mission-driven organizations on DE&I

Board Effect

Mission-driven organizations strive to serve their communities and constituents with integrity and purpose. The profound impact of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) is a centerpiece of the stewardship of these organizations; sustained and effective social response and problem solving requires diverse and inclusive governance.

Ireland 52
article thumbnail

Why Small Community Lenders Have Your Back

Up and Running

But don’t fret—community lenders are helping small businesses. Meet the community lenders. Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) are one type of community lender. They are usually nonprofit organizations committed to the mission of making capital accessible to the communities they serve.

Community 117
article thumbnail

Techstars Foundation Accelerate Equity

Feld Thoughts

The Techstars Foundation recently announced a new program called Accelerate Equity. Through Accelerate Equity, the Techstars Foundation identifies early-stage nonprofits and ideas to empower and support underestimated entrepreneurs. The post Techstars Foundation Accelerate Equity appeared first on Feld Thoughts.

Equity 163
article thumbnail

We’re Hiring a Platform and Operations Associate at NextView

View from Seed

We are looking to bring on board a versatile new team member to support the varied internal operations of the firm as well as collaborate with the partners on our external programs and communications with the broader entrepreneurial community. Check out our blog for how we think about company building and investing. .

article thumbnail

Strengthening Community Ties: How Nonprofit Leaders Can Better Approach Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion

Board Effect

As the details of these tragedies unfolded, the incidents opened up a national conversation about the need to take a serious look at the issue of diversity, equity, and inclusion within every organization and walk of life. Moving Toward Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. Research Uncovers Disparities in Nonprofit Leadership.

Equity 105