article thumbnail

Amsterdam-based Rockstart Accelerator’s first graduates head to Silicon Valley

The Next Web

The accelerator, which counts Amazon CTO Werner Vogels among its startup mentors , will be showcasing its first batch of startups (see list below) in Silicon Valley on the 20th of September, followed by a panel discussion about “The Future of the European Startup Community” Sounds riveting!

article thumbnail

Leaving Government for the Private Sector – Part 2

Steve Blank

Advisory Board members are often paid in a balance of equity (stock options) and cash (“cash” is the industry term for money wired to your bank account). I didn’t want to have to sell back into the intelligence community, because I didn’t want to leverage my contacts so tactically, but plenty of people do it (and we need good people to do it.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Snowflakes in the Valley: What Happens When 40 Nordic Entrepreneurs Visit Silicon Valley

ReadWriteStart

The Internet might be truly global then, but the world of startups still revolves much around Silicon Valley. The old continent often looks up to the Valley as a sort of Eldorado of IT. Silicon Valley is a hub. Silicon Valley is an unfair advantage for startups. A trader on Wall St. Down to Earth.

article thumbnail

Tackling The Talent Gap: Best Practices For Uncovering New Hires

YoungUpstarts

Robust startup economies are popping up in communities all over the country, proving that entrepreneurs can succeed outside of Silicon Valley. stars*, Tech Elevator, Bunker Labs and others in your community which provide access to diverse developers, business leaders, mentors, and board members. Foster what you find.

Hiring 100
article thumbnail

Should You Offer Equity Compensation to Employees?

Up and Running

Of course, not every equity compensation story is a David Choe Story. If you’re thinking about extending equity to an employee or a vendor (as in the example above), you should know that the topic is multi-faceted. In this article, I’m going to examine: What equity compensation is. Different types of equity compensation.

Equity 60
article thumbnail

We Don’t Talk Enough About Money In Silicon Valley. No, Really.

Hunter Walker

We don’t really talk about money in Silicon Valley. Don’t values and community come from sharing experiences and being vulnerable together? I know I’ve got some reach for what I write, at least within a narrow community. At least not in public in a personal way with near strangers. I LOVE THIS!

article thumbnail

Venture Summit: Connecting with Silicon Valley Venture Capital

The Startup Magazine

In its effort to advocate and be a resource for the startup community, The Startup Magazine is sponsoring this leading venture capital gathering in the heart of tech hub Silicon Valley. Curtis Feeny | Silicon Valley Data Capital. Praveen Sahay | WAVE Equity Partners. Tom Eggleston | Charmides Capital.