article thumbnail

It’s Morning in Venture Capital

Both Sides of the Table

Many observers of the venture capital industry have questioned whether its best days are behind it. Looking ahead at the next decade I am excited by what I believe will be viewed as one of the best and most rational investment periods for venture capital due to seven discrete factors: 1. Thank you, Aaron Sorkin!

article thumbnail

Launching a Portfolio Acceleration Platform at a Venture Capital or Private Equity Fund

David Teten

Almost every private equity and venture capital investor now advertises that they have a platform to support their portfolio companies. VC Platform community has grown approximately 120% in the last 3 years. Organize events in your vertical. Requires ongoing management to keep community members engaged. .

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

5 Steps To Finding The Best Investor For Your Startup

Startup Professionals Musings

Check for positive or negative news articles, press releases, relationships, and support of community organizations. Enjoy a sports event together, or find common non-profit causes to participate in. Invite the investor to dinner or fun-related activity.

article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Reveal the Organization, Communities or Associations they Belong to That Help Support Their Business

Hearpreneur

One of the best ways to promote your business and increase its name recognition is by joining business organizations and/or communities or associations. As a member, you can attend a wide range of events and tap into the collective wisdom of the group's many experts. For me, that’s where professional communities come in.

article thumbnail

What Makes a Successful Startup Community? Is it Possible to Build One Where You Live?

Both Sides of the Table

Recently I wrote a post arguing to make the definition of a Startup more inclusive than that to which Silicon Valley, fueled by Venture Capital return profiles, would sometimes like to attach to the word. Most of what I think about startup communities came from mentorship by Brad Feld through hours of private discussion and debate.

Community 378
article thumbnail

Embracing Your Community as a Strategy

Both Sides of the Table

I imagined that if I could run an event like this I might be able to persuade some LPs who hadn’t invested in our fund to come to Los Angeles. In Los Angeles the venture community is very collaborative. And I’ve noticed over the years many of these funds have invited us, too, to their events.

Community 150
article thumbnail

How to Scale a Venture Capital (or Private Equity) Fund

David Teten

– Encourage founders to turn to other founders and their broader community as resources, not just the VC’s own staff. First Round Capital’s forum for portfolio executives is a powerful example of a scaleable resource. – Launch a venture capital fund of funds. This evolves the VC from a server to a router.