article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

ConnecTeen Minds is about creating a community of teenagers that were disconnected from their lives but by coming to my platform they were now part of a greater community. My business partner, Adam Hale, and I were both in Fort Wayne, Indiana when the company was founded. ‘Streets’ is symbolic for this community.

Naming 144
article thumbnail

CO Impact Days: Unicorns, Zebras, Ponies, and Donkeys

Feld Thoughts

If you are interested in impact investing, I encourage you to join the Impact Finance Center (IFC) and presenting funders The Anschutz Foundation, Zoma Foundation, The MacArthur Foundation , Colorado Health Foundation , and Gary Community Investments at CO Impact Days 2017 , Nov 15-17, in Denver, Colorado.

Colorado 123
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Transcript of Investing in Small Businesses to Do Good for the Community

Duct Tape Marketing

Transcript of Investing in Small Businesses to Do Good for the Community written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing. We really believe in the thesis of the show is that if you have a strong, small business core that any community or town can thrive. Back to Podcast. Transcript. So, let’s talk about the town.

article thumbnail

The bar is higher

This is going to be BIG.

You can outsource your development to India, the Ukraine, Buenas Aires, or even Indiana. That's right--Indiana. There are incubators to help you out on the financing side, too. New York will feature five this summer alone--Techstars, DreamIt, Startl and the NYC Seed/EDC Media and Finance incubators.

Indiana 107
article thumbnail

How to Build a Startup Team

techcocktail.com

Tech Cocktail Connecting, educating and amplifying the startup technology community and having fun doing it since 2006.

article thumbnail

Top Social Media Measurement and Tracking Tools

www.foliomag.com

MediaPRO Community. M&A and Finance. Thanks for being part of the FOLIO: community. Finance/Accounting. Marketing/Communications/PR. ); E-Mail Alert Sign-Up. --> Subscribe Now. --> Media Kit. --> About FOLIO. RSS Feeds. --> --> Bookmark FOLIOMag.com. SEARCH FOLIO: Search. Careers Home. Search Jobs. Add Your Resume.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #4: Carl Liebert, crisis veteran and radical optimist

Startup Lessons Learned

And what I think we, as leaders, owe to our teams and to our customers and really to our communities and our families, by the way, is this idea that the common enemy we're fighting against is fear and panic. I have a family member back in Indiana and she's my aunt and she's been on a respirator for. Today is day 10. She's a fighter.