article thumbnail

Launching a Portfolio Acceleration Platform at a Venture Capital or Private Equity Fund

David Teten

I’ve recently advised a number of emerging private equity and VC funds who are wrestling with the question: What are the highest impact steps they can take to support their portfolio companies? . Almost every private equity and venture capital investor now advertises that they have a platform to support their portfolio companies.

article thumbnail

Lessons from a Diverse Venture Capital Portfolio

This is going to be BIG.

Twenty-five of them have at least one female co-founder. Fifteen had co-founders over 40. Five have LGBTQ+ founders. Three teams have African-American founders. I was reminded of this from one of my founders of non-white descent. Three of the founding teams are married couples.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Female Founder Interview: Latina Leader Elizabeth Colón

The Startup Magazine

As part of The Startup Magazine Female Founder series , we sat down with award-winning entrepreneur Elizabeth Colón. Growing up in a home with two deaf sisters and parents who spoke very little English, Elizabeth saw the many ways that language can be a barrier for individuals who do not have the means to communicate on their own.

Founder 158
article thumbnail

The rise of the female founder

Version One Ventures

We’re all too familiar with the very real gender gap within the tech community. Women are underrepresented as engineers, management, investors, and founders. venture capital deals go to women founders and CEOs. However, there are signs that the situation, at least when it comes to female founders, is improving.

article thumbnail

Founder Mental Health Pledge

Feld Thoughts

Since the middle of last week, there has been extreme stress on founders, startup leaders, and the extended startup community. While this de-escalated on Sunday night after the US Government took decisive action, the level of stress and anxiety, especially for first-time founders, was extreme. Much will be written about this.

Founder 168
article thumbnail

We’re Hiring a Platform and Operations Associate at NextView

View from Seed

We are looking to bring on board a versatile new team member to support the varied internal operations of the firm as well as collaborate with the partners on our external programs and communications with the broader entrepreneurial community. We have a high-conviction, hands-on approach to seed investing. A Final Note.

article thumbnail

How to Scale Support of Portfolio Companies

David Teten

As I’ve worked to build out HOF Capital ’s portfolio acceleration platform , the #1 question I think about is: how do we scalably support our companies? Many VCs offer (or strive to offer) a bundle of levers and support structures to help their portfolio companies. N etwork – We organize events regularly to build out our community.