article thumbnail

The Impact of Community

Duct Tape Marketing

The Impact of Community written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing Marketing Podcast with Lloyed Lobo In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast , I interview Lloyed Lobo. He is an entrepreneur, podcast host, and community builder. Would you support that idea? [10:39] 11:32] The subtitle of the book has 13 rules.

article thumbnail

Scaling from maker to manager

Version One Ventures

A few weeks ago I shared some important leadership lessons from Stewart Butterfield , including investing in your own growth to make sure that the founder scales as fast as the company. Growing with your start-up can be a very tough undertaking for a founder. There’s typically little choice for a founder CEO.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Austin in San Francisco

A Smart Bear: Startups and Marketing for Geeks

So when Austin said he wanted to move to San Francisco from eponymous Austin (Texas), supporting his move was a no-brainer. But wait, what if Austin finds a hot new startup in San Francisco and bails on us? But that prose is aimed at the founders, not employee #8. So welcome to San Francisco, Austin.

article thumbnail

It's time for lean philanthropy: a case study

Startup Lessons Learned

Since then, in about 3 months, we’ve fed over 170,000 people and injected over $1mm into the local economy in San Francisco and Detroit. We’re hopeful that by sharing our story, others in the tech and philanthropic world can get some ideas for ways they can use lean principles to help their communities through this trying time.

Lean 128
article thumbnail

What Makes a Successful Startup Community? Is it Possible to Build One Where You Live?

Both Sides of the Table

Today I’d like to talk about what startup communities outside of Silicon Valley look like, how they emerge and what makes them take hold. Most of what I think about startup communities came from mentorship by Brad Feld through hours of private discussion and debate. A Strong Pool of Tech Founders – Stating the obvious.

Community 378
article thumbnail

Co-founders Enables Nonprofits to Fundraise Online

Hearpreneur

Meet the startup co-founders that are simplifying and automating fundraising campaigns for nonprofits through their business, Kindest. We had a chance to interview Holly McKay and David Semerad, the co-founders of Kindest, and asked about their story, how they started their business and the future of Kindest. Tell us your story.

article thumbnail

10 Best Cities in the United States for Startups and Entrepreneurs (2018)

crowdSPRING Blog

William Hurley, the co-founder of Honest Dollar, an Austin-based provider of retirement plans to small businesses, says creative talent is abundant : It’s got the music, the university scene, the hippies and the rule-breakers… It’s very easy to hire people who want to push the limits. San Francisco, CA.