article thumbnail

How to Choose a Programming Language as a Tech Startup

The Startup Magazine

Additionally, the language you stick with will affect your options if you need to hire new team members. That said, it’s generally wiser to stick with freelancers when hiring. Remote developers are statistically more experienced and you can hire based on their proficiency instead of proximity to your office. Open Source Code.

article thumbnail

Skills Development in Africa: How Wide is the Skills Gap?

Transformify

Java EE, Java SE, PHP, and Javascript are the most common programming languages. Of course, the hiring needs vary a lot and are dependent on the business model, but a skills gap analysis reveals that more product managers, programmers, and sales and marketing experts will be needed in the near future.

Africa 75
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Google Engineer: How We Interview, How I’d Beat Us for Talent, & How Non-Technical Founders Should Approach Devs

View from Seed

I recently chatted with Saurya about how he approaches hiring engineers at Google and what founders can learn. We hire generalists because the company wants to be able to dissolve one division one day if it’s not working, and then move those same people into something else that’s new or already working.

article thumbnail

Choosing Technologies for Your Web Startup (Part 2)

crowdSPRING Blog

In fact, you will likely need to hire new consultants when you get there. of your product, and get criticism and suggestions from the blogosphere, press, enter into internet culture, foster a user community, and things change again… That’s complicated stuff that has to be done fast. Java, PHP, Python, Ruby?

article thumbnail

Techies? Write Your Own Ticket In Southern California

blog.socaltech.com

Those companies ask me where those folks hang out, where to find them, where to hire them away from, and what to do to get them to join their company. It’s also to the point where the best folks (particularly on the architecture area) seem to all be going independent, working as CTO’s for hire or in similar positions.

article thumbnail

Can A Startup Do OffShore Development? Part 2

prosperati.com

Hiring Of all the issues we ran into when we first built our team, hiring was the most critical. You can find the latest and greatest Microsoft and Java certified developers here and indeed the entire consulting industry is built around certification. As they say, A players hire A players, B players hire C players etc.

article thumbnail

What is Drupal? or, My retraining in Software Development

Scalable Startup

But, there is a serious gap in the discipline, number of developers and community around real software development here. In the birthplace of Java, BSD, SQL and many other critical software technologies, Drupal and PHP are spreading like a California wildfire. Also lot’s of fake, wanna be CTOs here. (So This imbalance keeps L.A.