article thumbnail

Public Innovation Training, NW Indiana

Gregg Fraley, Author of Jack's Notebook

Attention Michiana, NW Indiana, Chicago. — The Society of Innovators at Purdue University Northwest (PNW) is hosting a public innovation educational seminar from 8:30 a.m. Located in Northwest Indiana, near Chicago, PNW fosters a vibrant academic community through high quality and engaging undergraduate and graduate education.

Indiana 54
article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

ConnecTeen Minds is about creating a community of teenagers that were disconnected from their lives but by coming to my platform they were now part of a greater community. My business partner, Adam Hale, and I were both in Fort Wayne, Indiana when the company was founded. ‘Streets’ is symbolic for this community.

Naming 150
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Lean Startup Conference 2018 is Coming to Las Vegas

Startup Lessons Learned

a little while back about hosting our conference in Downtown Las Vegas, we saw it as an opportunity to further expand our mission beyond Silicon Valley. South Bend, Indiana went from Rust Belt to Tech Belt with EdTech in the Bend. I'm excited to tell you more about it. When Zappos approached Lean Startup Co. Austin has SXSW.

article thumbnail

CO Impact Days: Unicorns, Zebras, Ponies, and Donkeys

Feld Thoughts

If you are interested in impact investing, I encourage you to join the Impact Finance Center (IFC) and presenting funders The Anschutz Foundation, Zoma Foundation, The MacArthur Foundation , Colorado Health Foundation , and Gary Community Investments at CO Impact Days 2017 , Nov 15-17, in Denver, Colorado. Register as an Investor: [link].

Colorado 123
article thumbnail

4 Ways To Fail The Right Way

YoungUpstarts

This is the kind of message successful entrepreneurs and public figures share at Failfest, an annual celebration of failure that brings together entrepreneurs in Indiana. The event, hosted by co-working space and community Launch Fishers , helps innovators gain perspective and empowerment from failure.

Indiana 100
article thumbnail

Transcript of Investing in Small Businesses to Do Good for the Community

Duct Tape Marketing

Transcript of Investing in Small Businesses to Do Good for the Community written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing. She is the chief brand officer for Deluxe , and the host and producer of the very fun, Small Business Revolution TV series, which is in season four currently. Back to Podcast. Transcript.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #2: Mark Cuban on putting people first, the Dallas Mavericks, and what we'll want on the other side

Startup Lessons Learned

They're going to look to see what impact you had in your community. 11:59) Giving people trust and autonomy and opening lines of communication as a leader, and how Mark's leadership has evolved. (14:16) 22:13) The way companies treat employees and customers and impact their communities now will them for decades to come.

Dallas 68