article thumbnail

Amazon “Swipes Left” On New York City

Haystack

Today, Amazon announced it will entirely abandon its plans to build its second headquarters (a/k/a “HQ2”) in Long Island City, a residential neighborhood in the borough of Queens, New York City. I believe this will be talked about for months, which in today’s news cycle is saying something.

article thumbnail

The 20 Coolest CoWorking Spaces In The U.S.

YoungUpstarts

With free coffee and Internet, workspaces, and built-in community, coworking spaces provide a great place to get things done without feeling the isolation of working at home, or trying to overcome the frenetic nature of working in a coffee shop. Plus, after work, Icehouse frequently hosts social and cultural events. Citizen Space.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How much does it cost to build the world’s hottest startups?

The Next Web

Henrik Werdelin , the Managing Partner of Prehype , a venture development firm based in New York City that has helped build companies like Tradable , Barkbox , FancyHands , Basno and Path , says recreating Twitter isn’t necessarily difficult, but the layered features will take time to get right. 1) Twitter.

Cost 168
article thumbnail

“It’s okay to take profits and not hodl forever.” Does this make Alex Taub a web3 contrarian or just reasonable?

Hunter Walker

When I befriended Alex Taub in 2013 he lived in New York City, didn’t have children, and certainly did not yet have thousands of dollars invested in virtual race horses. I deliberately tried to work with people that I could learn a lot from and really engrain myself into the community. It’s been a lot of fun.

Miami 81
article thumbnail

Table Host – Chicago’s New Premium Dining Concierge Service

YoungUpstarts

But a new premium dining concierge service, Table Host , has just launched in the Chicago scene to help foodies get round problems with last-minute, spur-of-the-moment reservations at top dining establishments. First, the diner selects a reservation online or contacts his or her host directly. ” How does it work?

Hosting 140
article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

We also wanted to avoid any potential brand confusion with words such as New York City, Metro, Gotham, etc. Additionally, not limiting ourselves to a New York-linked name allowed us the eventual freedom to produce in other cities without having to qualify ourselves. 7- Latin word for growth.

Naming 141
article thumbnail

There Is Only ONE Silicon Valley

Gust

It hosts an environment which many other communities have attempted to emulate, although they haven’t and won’t. Many other communities are entrepreneur-friendly and, by any measure, have the tools in place to spawn new high growth companies. The Valley has been a unique place for over half a century.