article thumbnail

10 College Business Incubators We’re Most Excited About

YoungUpstarts

To help foster this innovation, many colleges and universities have opened business incubators, helping students and others in their community to help make their innovative dreams a reality. Offering a “holistic entrepreneurship program,” this residential community has entrepreneurship at every step of the college experience.

Incubator 202
article thumbnail

Investors Love Top Startup Incubator Graduates

Startup Professionals Musings

Business incubators for sharing services were all the rage back in the days of the dot-com bubble (700 for profit, many more non-profit). Incubators I hear mentioned most often include YCombinator , led by Paul Graham in Silicon Valley, and TechStars , located in Boston, Boulder, New York City, and Seattle.

Incubator 234
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Inaugural Investor Day @ FinTech Innovation Lab

David Teten

On Friday morning, I witnessed another volley of shots being fired from New York City at Palo Alto during FinTech Innovation Lab ‘s Inaugural Investor Day. The Lab is a collaboration between the New York City Investment Fund and Accenture, with support from the New York banking community.

article thumbnail

How much does it cost to build the world’s hottest startups?

The Next Web

With mobile development agencies and product incubators on the rise and more corporate “labs” spinning out each day, there’s no shortage of talent to help you build the next great Web or mobile app. And that involves processes, structures, feedback loops, analytics and a community.”. 1) Twitter.

Cost 168
article thumbnail

Innovating in New York City

OnlyOnce

Innovating in New York City Last week I wrote about speaking at the NYC Lean Startup Meetup. One of my other key takeaways from this, which I've known for a while and have been meaning to blog about, is just how vibrant the tech startup community is here in New York. But something is still missing.

article thumbnail

Hacking Innovation Education in New York

This is going to be BIG.

The local tech community is figuring this out, not surprisingly, way before the academic institutions are—and where it is being discovered by academia, it’s being done on a one-off basis by educational revolutionaries in the innovation space who aren’t stopping to ask their schools for permission or to change curricula.

New York 116
article thumbnail

Startup Accelerators are Entrepreneur Boot Camps

Startup Professionals Musings

Business incubators for sharing services were all the rage back in the days of the dot-com bubble (700 for profit, many more non-profit). Incubators I hear mentioned most often include YCombinator , led by Paul Graham in Silicon Valley, and TechStars , located in Boston, Boulder, New York City, and Seattle.

Incubator 215