article thumbnail

A Conversation with 2020 Presidential Candidate Andrew Yang

View from Seed

I started Venture for America back in 2011 with the goal of creating thousands of American jobs in communities around the country. So, when I was researching my book, I looked into what actually happened to the manufacturing workers in Michigan, Indiana and in the South. Almost half of them left the workforce and never worked again.

article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

New Hampshire. New Jersey. New Mexico. New Hampshire. New Jersey. New Mexico. Journal Community. Journal Community. A community of WSJ readers interested in franchising news, trends and issues. Journal Community. Journal Community. Connecticut.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Join a conference simulcast near you

Startup Lessons Learned

One of the most important things we do with The Lean Startup Conference is make a livestream of the plenary talks available for free to groups around the world, supporting entrepreneurship communities everywhere. The number of hosts has grown annually, and this year, we have 200+ groups joining us on Monday, December 3.

article thumbnail

Top Social Media Measurement and Tracking Tools

www.foliomag.com

MediaPRO Community. Thanks for being part of the FOLIO: community. New Tech Automatically Optimizes Virtual Events for Any Device. New Hampshire. New Jersey. New Mexico. New Hampshire. New Jersey. New Mexico. RSS Feeds. --> --> Bookmark FOLIOMag.com. SEARCH FOLIO: Search.

article thumbnail

The Hard Thing About a Hard City: Why I Support Kathryn Garcia for Mayor of NYC

This is going to be BIG.

I trust her to hear out the community, gather all the data, and, unlike our current Towering Ineptitude, actually make a decision—one that she believes is right for New York, not just politically popular. Unlike being the Mayor of, let’s say, South Bend Indiana, it’s not exactly the kind of thing you can learn on the job.

Campaign 144