article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

ConnecTeen Minds is about creating a community of teenagers that were disconnected from their lives but by coming to my platform they were now part of a greater community. My business partner, Adam Hale, and I were both in Fort Wayne, Indiana when the company was founded. ‘Streets’ is symbolic for this community.

Naming 143
article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

Businesses For Sale |. Communications. Businesses For Sale |. Businesses For Sale |. Journal Community. Nine Killed in Nepal Avalanche An avalanche swept away climbers on a Himalayan peak in Nepal, leaving at least nine dead and six others missing, officials said. Many of the climbers were French or German.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How Robots Are Revolutionizing the Manufacturing Industry (and saving jobs!)

Women Entrepreneurs Can

It wasn’t that long ago in our history that local, hometown factories were the backbones of communities across the nation. Task Force Tips, a fire hose nozzle manufacturer in Valparaiso, Indiana is an example of a local factory that is growing thanks to robotics. Local Factories Boom with Robotics.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #4: Carl Liebert, crisis veteran and radical optimist

Startup Lessons Learned

Carl was also worldwide head of stores at Home Depot when Hurricane Katrina hit, running sales out of the backs of trucks and accepting IOUs for payment. And why I say that is to see the medical community begetting to do rapid prototyping, to explore, bringing potential vaccines to test at the pace they're doing. Today is day 10.

article thumbnail

4 Ways To Fail The Right Way

YoungUpstarts

This is the kind of message successful entrepreneurs and public figures share at Failfest, an annual celebration of failure that brings together entrepreneurs in Indiana. The event, hosted by co-working space and community Launch Fishers , helps innovators gain perspective and empowerment from failure. The event’s biggest takeaway?

Indiana 100
article thumbnail

Transcript of Investing in Small Businesses to Do Good for the Community

Duct Tape Marketing

Transcript of Investing in Small Businesses to Do Good for the Community written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing. Klaviyo is a platform that helps growth-focused eCommerce brands drive more sales with super-targeted, highly relevant email, Facebook and Instagram marketing. Back to Podcast. Transcript.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #2: Mark Cuban on putting people first, the Dallas Mavericks, and what we'll want on the other side

Startup Lessons Learned

They're going to look to see what impact you had in your community. 11:59) Giving people trust and autonomy and opening lines of communication as a leader, and how Mark's leadership has evolved. (14:16) 22:13) The way companies treat employees and customers and impact their communities now will them for decades to come.

Dallas 68