article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

SIGNIFICANCE PROMINENT. --> The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail. An entrepreneur with a hot technology and venture-capital funding becomes a billionaire in his 20s. The National Venture Capital Association estimates that 25% to 30% of venture-backed businesses fail. NAME David Cowan.

article thumbnail

Minimum Wage Boost in Silicon Valley Ups the Cinderella Factor

Gregg Fraley, Author of Jack's Notebook

Don’t we want the little school from Hickory, Indiana to win the state championship? I’d personally like to see Silicon Valley open its doors to immigrants from distant lands like Michigan, Kentucky, Alabama — even Hoosiers from Indiana. Sorry for the Hoosiers reference). Unemployment has dropped by about 2%.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Zoomsites

OnlyOnce

Unfortunately, it turned out visitors to NY from Colorado and Indiana, the two states we were traveling from, needed to quarantine for 10 days when they got to NY. But it has also been a big success with enough community elements to make it worthwhile. . So we started planning a 2-day offsite together in New York.

Indiana 71
article thumbnail

Zoomsites

OnlyOnce

Unfortunately, it turned out visitors to NY from Colorado and Indiana, the two states we were traveling from, needed to quarantine for 10 days when they got to NY. But it has also been a big success with enough community elements to make it worthwhile. . So we started planning a 2-day offsite together in New York.

Indiana 48
article thumbnail

A Boom Time for Education Start-Ups | Chronicle of Higher Education | #Edtech #hackedu

Campus Entrepreneurship

From DeSantis : Investments in education-technology companies nationwide tripled in the last decade, shooting up to $429-million in 2011 from $146-million in 2002, according to the Na­tional Venture Capital Association. And Courseload, the Indiana-based digital-textbook enterprise.

Indiana 54
article thumbnail

Being a Business Leader Amid Historical Events

Seeing Both Sides

In addition to my venture capital and teaching activities, I co-chair the board of trustees at Facing History and Ourselves , an educational non-profit that trains educators how to teach pivotal moments in history (e.g., Context: Facing History and Ourselves. Before addressing these questions, I have to provide a little context.