article thumbnail

Test Your Aptitude for Business Internet Jargon

Startup Professionals Musings

Many of the businesses and entrepreneurs I know still don’t realize that they need to use and understand the Internet, even if their interest is not e-commerce. Maybe you have also heard a lot of Internet terms, but are not sure you can explain how, when, and why they are relevant to your business success. Social media marketing.

Internet 239
article thumbnail

7 Modern Day Business Strategies For Long-Term Growth

I continue to be amazed that more than a quarter of new businesses don’t even have a website , and many more don’t pay attention to social media, or monitor feedback on sites like Yelp. At minimum, that requires a modern website, and visibility on relevant social media sites, likely including Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Importance of Children’s Online Safety on World Social Media Day

The Startup Magazine

World Social Media Day first launched on June 30, 2010. First came the telephone, then a fax machine, then a pager and last came social media, which has now become a form of communication for nearly every individual on this planet. Communication has evolved over the years. The Boundaries of the Internet.

article thumbnail

Steps to Create a Nonprofit Social Media Policy

Board Effect

Social media platforms are excellent vehicles for storytelling and creating awareness, yet, without a nonprofit social media policy in place, your board could be in for some unexpected problems. Just under 4 billion people use social media in the world. That said, social media is a double-edged sword.

article thumbnail

Top 14 Sites to Promote Your Startup

ReadWriteStart

You can run ads, post on social media, or even go old-school and hand out flyers. Rating for an app: 10/10 Rating for software: 10/10 Rating for technology other than app or software: 8/10 #2: KillerStartups KillerStartups aims to help them both by reviewing up-and-coming internet startups right on the spot, right at their birth.

article thumbnail

6 Hurdles To Deep Relationships With Business Clients

Customers today extrapolate their relationships not only from personal contact, but from every aspect of their interface with your company, including web site and social media interactions, access to peer reviews, as well as the actual services experience. New media shapes and reflects the customer experience. Marty Zwilling.

article thumbnail

Too Many Small Businesses Still Ignore Social Media

When my friend’s small business was struggling a while back, I suggested he add some social media marketing initiatives, and his answer was that he was “too busy.” According to a recent Harvard Business Review article , only 60% of companies today use social media for marketing, and only 12% of those feel that they are using it effectively.