article thumbnail

How to Scale a Venture Capital (or Private Equity) Fund

David Teten

– Encourage founders to turn to other founders and their broader community as resources, not just the VC’s own staff. First Round Capital’s forum for portfolio executives is a powerful example of a scaleable resource. Prehype , Rocket Internet , and numerous others. – Launch a venture capital fund of funds.

article thumbnail

This Week in Venture Capital – Episode 2

Both Sides of the Table

I was on This Week in Venture Capital (TWiVC) again this week with Jason Calacanis. You go onto the Internet and can control what people hear on terrestrial radio. It offers Internet radio targeted advertising and is growing really well. 10 million in Series B Menlo Ventures , Steamboat.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

5 Startup Funding Models That Depend On The Consumer

Startup Professionals Musings

Yet as I mentor entrepreneurs around the country, crowdfunding still seems to be one of the least understood approaches to startup funding, with more myths than accredited angels and professional venture capital investors combined. Other popular sites for startups, including StartupNation and Startups.co

article thumbnail

17 Venture Capital Blogs You Should Be Reading

Up and Running

Almost as good as the blog itself is the thoughtful and intelligent community that posts hundreds of insightful comments on a daily basis. David Cohen is the founder and Managing Partner of Techstars, the #1 ranked internet startup accelerator in the world. Interested in venture capital investment? Above the Crowd.

article thumbnail

How Private Equity and Venture Capital Investors Are Eating Their Own Dogfood

David Teten

Private equity and venture capital investors are copying our sisters in the hedge fund and mutual fund world: we’re trying to automate more of our job. Other VCs use Klout * to identify relevant influencers who can evangelize their ideas and Contently * or Social Native (HOF Capital company) to create relevant content.

article thumbnail

5 Crowdfunding Approaches To Tempt Every Entrepreneur

Startup Professionals Musings

Yet as I mentor entrepreneurs around the country, it still seems to be one of the least understood approaches to startup funding, with more myths than accredited angels and professional venture capital investors combined. Other popular sites for startups, including StartupNation and Startups.co

article thumbnail

Brad Feld Drops Knowledge. Here’s What He Said …

Both Sides of the Table

Yeah, that was when I changed for me…” “…there was so much positive feedback on demystifying this one element of venture capital. A deep dive into the Foundry Group investment philosophy including an interesting discussion of their investing Themes. “… our lens is: Internet Software Companies anywhere in the U.S. was starting.