article thumbnail

Can A Startup Do OffShore Development? Part 2

prosperati.com

You can find the latest and greatest Microsoft and Java certified developers here and indeed the entire consulting industry is built around certification. The Ruby community in Kuala Lumpur is fairly small. Everyone knows everyone’s reputation and ability. The first was an over-emphasis on certifications.

article thumbnail

CEO Friday: Why we don’t hire.NET programmers

blog.expensify.com

As one of the coherent commentators says below, Joel Spolsky himself laments schools teaching Java with the same basic reasoning of my article above, albeit more diplomatically stated.) .NET But I’ve seen some recent comments that this post might have upset and offended the SMB community that we serve, and that I cannot abide.

Java 107
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to hire a programmer to make your ideas happen

sivers.org

They may ask you to continue working and paying through the website, to boost their reputation there, or they may want to just go direct. Dont go C or Java, python is good for prototyping and easier to learn. Now I see that is a whole community that is developing their big ideas such as me. Get them involved in the whole thing.

article thumbnail

Startup Resources

www.vccafe.com

Ning Communities. t have time to learn iOS or Java during the weekend. Aptana Cloud (svn, IDE, php, java, rails etc…). On-line Communities. UCL has built a reputation as a pioneer of collaboration between industry and academia. Google Groups. Forms/Surveys. Google Forms. Survey Monkey. Personal storage.