article thumbnail

The Need For Empathic Business Leadership In The COVID Environment

YoungUpstarts

When the world is facing a life-threatening virus that spreads through physical contact and could infect anyone, the business community has a chance to hold the mantle of economic support for everyone in need. For example, when Kotlin was launched, hundreds of articles floated in the market predicting the end of Java.

article thumbnail

250 Developers

This is going to be BIG.

The details of exactly how this was going to happen were a bit sketchy, but having a big hairy audacious goal galvanized the innovation community into achieving something spectacular. Plus, my fear is that there are barriers in those areas that may be difficult to scale—namely salary and lifestyle.

Developer 117
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Why Data Scientists Choose Python

YoungUpstarts

Its popularity has much to do with its simplicity, vast resources, and an active community, which are its distinguishing features. According to Glassdoor, the average salary of a data scientist in the US is $120,000. It requires much less code than Java and C++, making it more efficient to code with Python.

Ruby 113
article thumbnail

How To Find A Programmer To Build Your Startup Idea

socialmatchbox.com

How To Calculate Whether A Freelance Web Application Programmer Is Asking For Too Much Step 1: Use the Indeed.com Salary Tool to Search for Their Job Title By Salary Level. The generally accepted hourly wage calculation used by the staffing industry is Annual Salary divided by 2000 Hours. at this stage.

article thumbnail

CEO Friday: Why we don’t hire.NET programmers

blog.expensify.com

As one of the coherent commentators says below, Joel Spolsky himself laments schools teaching Java with the same basic reasoning of my article above, albeit more diplomatically stated.) .NET But I’ve seen some recent comments that this post might have upset and offended the SMB community that we serve, and that I cannot abide.

Java 107
article thumbnail

How to hire a programmer to make your ideas happen

sivers.org

Dont make cheap skate equity offers, with programmer getting equity share of first employee and salary of founder(nothing or next to nothing). Dont go C or Java, python is good for prototyping and easier to learn. Now I see that is a whole community that is developing their big ideas such as me. This is great info. Very useful.