article thumbnail

How to Get Superior Returns in Venture Capital

David Teten

Similarly, firms like my alma mater ff Venture Capital and Andreessen Horowitz have executed this strategy in VC. They offer “Community as a Service,” by tapping the community (which is scalable), not just their own staff to support their companies. – Incubating companies. – Technology stack. billion.

article thumbnail

How to Get Superior Returns in Venture Capital

David Teten

Similarly, firms like my alma mater ff Venture Capital and Andreessen Horowitz have executed this strategy in VC. They offer “Community as a Service,” by tapping the community (which is scalable), not just their own staff to support their companies. – Incubating companies. – Technology stack. billion.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How Private Equity and Venture Capital Investors Are Eating Their Own Dogfood

David Teten

Private equity and venture capital investors are copying our sisters in the hedge fund and mutual fund world: we’re trying to automate more of our job. Later stage investors are using private company marketplace services focused on more established companies, listed below under “Exit Investments”. .

article thumbnail

Corporate Venture Capital: Obligatory or Oxymoron?

David Teten

She had so much insight to share that we broke the interview into two parts, 1) Corporate Venture Capital and more broadly, 2) How the Fortune 500 Can Buy, Invest and Partner with the Innovation Economy (coming soon). . Teten: How do corporate VCs interact with the broader VC community? . They invest alongside financial VCs.

article thumbnail

The Twenty Year Itch: My Last VC Investment Out of Brooklyn Bridge Ventures

This is going to be BIG.

It will be the 105th deal out of Brooklyn Bridge Ventures, the firm I started back in September 2012, and it will be the last deal I’ll be making out of my third fund. It will also be my last venture capital deal. For me, I don’t mind sharing how I think about it.

article thumbnail

Diverse Lead Firms

Austin Startup

645 Ventures: A New Era of Venture Capital Investing Arena Growth Partners We help great leaders build great businesses. Our unique approach to investing, coupled with a pioneering spirit, provides the vision to guide early stage growth companies beyond today and toward future success.

article thumbnail

Money. show me! If you want to change Venture Capital, focus on LPs. #openlp

This is going to be BIG.

There have been a lot of calls for VC firms to make more hires from the Black and Brown community, as well as to hire more women. In venture, it’s all about getting an opportunity to make partner and being included in the carry—the economic upside of a fund. Not all hires, however, are made equally.