article thumbnail

Who Should be on Your Startup Board?

Both Sides of the Table

As per the chart above, I highly recommend keeping a founder dominated board at the seed stage. Whether the seed investor gets a permanent seat or a temporary seat will largely depend on: The size check they wrote (If it’s a $1.5m —?just having a sparring partner with a vested interest in your success can be useful.

article thumbnail

Flexible VC, a New Model for Companies Targeting Profitability

David Teten

His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. Seed-stage compatible: Like traditional equity VC investors, Flexible VCs accomodate early-stage investment risk within their portfolios better than a traditional RBI funder. Lower level of community familiarity. Of the Inc.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Where Does Foundry Group Invest?

Feld Thoughts

While I don’t have portfolio level stats for them, their new endeavor Foundry Next (to invest in smaller funds and then follow-on into key investments) has built up an LP basket of 23 positions in a variety of new VC funds. Hopefully, we will continue to help develop and expand existing and new startup communities.

article thumbnail

Final Close: The Story Behind NextView's Own Fundraise ? AGILEVC

Agile VC

We recently completed the final close of NextView Ventures, LP and we’re excited about both our progress to date and our plans for the future. As many of you know, NextView is a seed-stage VC fund. I co-founded NextView Ventures , a seed-stage VC firm based in Boston, in 2010. February 21, 2012. PMarchetti.

LP 100
article thumbnail

The Experience of Being a Limited Partner in Venture Capital

This is going to be BIG.

Rather than see LP interactions as a chore or a burden, new fund managers should see this as an opportunity to extend the community around their fund. That happens most when the LPs represent a diverse group of industries and perspectives who want to be helpful to portfolio companies and founders.

article thumbnail

Why Email May Be Draining Your Company’s Productivity

Both Sides of the Table

Separately, in the morning I called a seed-stage investor in NY and talked to him about investing in one of my companies. We call these investors “LPs” for limited partners. I had lunch with an LP. He turned me down for a job in 2005. Yesterday I offered him a term sheet. Fund raising. And I theirs.

Email 314
article thumbnail

What’s Your VC Tech Stack? Results from a Survey of Early-Stage VC Funds

David Teten

As a globally focused LP in early stage VC funds, we at Blue Future Partners have observed a growing trend of firms investing substantially in software tools, whether developing proprietary solutions or adopting off the shelf tools. However, 87% of our respondents don’t actively participate in any such community.