article thumbnail

Summer in the City: Why there's no other place I'd rather be than New York

This is going to be BIG.

That would be our last time indoors in a New York City restaurant. Within a month, over 10,000 New York City residents would be dead, representing nearly half of all of the deaths in the country at the time. But, if you were lucky enough to still be working, New York City was—dare I say it—fun.

article thumbnail

Fueling Your Growth With Facebook Groups And Communities

Duct Tape Marketing

Fueling Your Growth With Facebook Groups And Communities written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing. John is the VP of Community & Impact Partnerships at Facebook. Prior to joining Facebook, he was the president of Digital, News, Business, and Sports Properties at Time Inc. Like this show?

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

We’re Hiring a Platform and Operations Associate at NextView

View from Seed

With the recent announcement of our fourth fund , we are expanding the team at NexView with a new Platform and Operations Associate. This role will be virtual through the end of the pandemic, but will ultimately be based in either our New York or Boston office. Supporting other external PR and media relations for the firm.

article thumbnail

Why Community Is The Last Great Marketing Strategy

Duct Tape Marketing

Why Community Is The Last Great Marketing Strategy written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing Marketing Podcast with Mark Schaefer In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast , I interview Mark Schaefer. Key Takeaway: Mark Schaefer argues that brand communities are the future of marketing strategy.

article thumbnail

What Makes a Successful Startup Community? Is it Possible to Build One Where You Live?

Both Sides of the Table

Today I’d like to talk about what startup communities outside of Silicon Valley look like, how they emerge and what makes them take hold. Most of what I think about startup communities came from mentorship by Brad Feld through hours of private discussion and debate. Think Fred Wilson, Tony Hsieh or Brad Feld.

Community 378
article thumbnail

Making Social Media Work For SMEs

YoungUpstarts

Small businesses rarely have the time or resources to invest in outsourced customer service support, and some are finding it more efficient to serve customers via social media platforms: one LinkedIn study from 2014 revealed that 81 percent of North American SMEs use social media [5]. It’s exactly the same in social media. [6]

article thumbnail

Entrepreneurs and the Wikipedia Road Map

The Startup Magazine

The first step–a conscious decision to be included and a commitment to meet the stringent quality, market and social impact standards the Wikipedia community upholds. It depends to a large degree on how much legitimate media coverage a subject has received. Boosting Key Media Coverage Wikipedia notability.