article thumbnail

The most important 2021 Predictions in entertainment tech and gaming

VC Cafe

According to Gamesbeat , the streaming wars will spill over to the cloud gaming wars, with media companies, streaming companies and telcos looking to include gaming packages in their offerings. social media. In 2021, optimism on investing in social media has returned. Consoles are not going away, but expect a lot of bundling.

article thumbnail

An Investor’s Personal Social Media Tech Stack: In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 followers

David Teten

Gordon Platt, President, Gotham Media , observes, “You may meet people on-line, but when’s the last time you really made a long-term, financially meaningful commitment exclusively as the result of a virtual interaction?” I’ve listed below my current social media toolkit. Tech stack. I host on Hostforweb **. Crunchbase.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

5 Free Platforms Entrepreneurs Should Be Using To Manage And Streamline Their Business

YoungUpstarts

Best way to manage your social media – Hootsuite. While the free version does have limitations (supports only one user and five social profiles) its ability to allow you to manage your basic social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc in an easy-to-use manner is great.

article thumbnail

This Week in VC with Dana Settle of Greycroft Partners

Both Sides of the Table

It’s always fun debating companies with Dana because she’s always so knowledgeable on deals – particularly those in the digital media, ad-tech and eCommerce spaces. Current round: $8mm in Series B from RRE Ventures (Will Porteous)(lead), SoftBank, Hearst Interactive Media, SV Angel (Ron Conway), Founder Collective.Total raised: $11.5mm.

Partner 240
article thumbnail

[INTERVIEW] Eldon Mascoll, Toronto Entrepreneur, Founder Of Freedom Park Media Group

YoungUpstarts

Since the 90s, Toronto-based entrepreneur Eldon Mascoll has been making his mark in the media industry, working in areas that include television production, film, marketing and advertising. a nonprofit organization that helps disadvantaged communities learn about and experience culture. Don’t be afraid to fail.

Media 113
article thumbnail

How marketers can build thought leadership

The Next Web

Brian Honigman is a marketing consultant, a freelance writer and a social media enthusiast. Innovations in social media and mobile have cultivated an ongoing dialogue and education between consumers and businesses. They’ll be of value to other members in the marketing community. Use social media to answer questions.

article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

ConnecTeen Minds is about creating a community of teenagers that were disconnected from their lives but by coming to my platform they were now part of a greater community. I also chose Garden Streets for the communities that I want to create through the company. ‘Streets’ is symbolic for this community.

Naming 146