article thumbnail

Frameworks Round 2

TechEmpower

Only Cake PHP requires more than 100 milliseconds. As before, Raw PHP is also very strong in this test. Again, Raw PHP makes an extremely strong showing. PHP with an ORM and Cake improved dramatically from last week''s test thanks to configuration changes recommended by the community. with APC, PHP-FPM, nginx.

Framework 559
article thumbnail

Lessons Learned: Why PHP won

Startup Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned by Eric Ries Monday, January 12, 2009 Why PHP won When I first learned to program on the web, Perl + CGI was the dominant platform. But by the time I was building my first websites for commercial use , PHP had taken over. Writing unit tests or mock objects in PHP is an exercise in constant frustration.

PHP 166
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Frameworks Round 1

TechEmpower

We have since posted a second round and third round that each include community-contributed updates. And let us simply draw the curtain of charity over the Cake PHP results. We are especially interested in community feedback related to tuning these MongoDB numbers. We were surprised by the performance of Raw PHP in this test.

Framework 544
article thumbnail

Framework Benchmarks

TechEmpower

And let us simply draw the curtain of charity over the Cake PHP results. For this exercise, we aimed to configure every framework according to the best practices for production deployments gleaned from documentation and popular community opinion. We were surprised by the performance of Raw PHP in this test. Dedicated hardware.

Framework 560
article thumbnail

Where Can You Go If You Want To Learn PHP?

YoungUpstarts

Although WordPress uses several different programming languages – HTML, CSS, MySQL and JavaScript, to name a few – PHP is what primarily drives the platform’s backend. Honestly, I think it’s worth knowing at least a bit about PHP even if you don’t plan to become a developer. I will help you get started.

PHP 124
article thumbnail

50 Places You Can Learn to Code (for Free) Online

YoungUpstarts

University-level courses, tutorials, cheat sheets, and coding communities all offer excellent ways to pick up a new language, and maybe even a new job, too. Many big names in education including MIT and Stanford offer programming courses, absolutely free. University. You can even get certified and find a job through the site.

Ruby 216
article thumbnail

WordPress Errors: What You Need To Know

YoungUpstarts

WordPress has got such a supportive and vast community of users that where there are problems, there are solutions to fix them as well. com, for one, is a worthy name on that list that provides amazing services of backup for the data that you want to save. There are some common errors on WordPress that users often face. 000webhost.

Database 104