article thumbnail

26 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

What exactly is going to be the name of your business? Whatever the inspiration or relation may be, the naming of your business is one of the most important parts of becoming a CEO. 1- Name to signify the beginning of an end. 3- My name and the work we do. So, I kept it simple: my name and the work we do: Brill Media.

Naming 149
article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal How They Came Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

What exactly is going to be the name of your business? Whatever the inspiration or relation may be, naming your business is one of the most important parts of becoming a CEO. . #1- Being a small cozy design studio at first, we understood we had to have a catchy name. That’s why ein (one in German) is present in the name.

Naming 93
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

27 Entrepreneurs Share Tips on Building an Ecommerce Business

Hearpreneur

5- Calculate stock reorder levels Photo Credit: Dani Mechlowitz When building an e-commerce business, it's essential to keep track of your inventory to avoid sell-out periods. In that initial growth phase, running out of stock can be detrimental and slow down the momentum of your business growth. Thanks to Jordan Adair, Shirt Max !

eCommerce 127
article thumbnail

Leaving Government for the Private Sector – Part 2

Steve Blank

Often companies will put you on their advisory board just to use your name and image (and not really want your advice). Advisory Board members are often paid in a balance of equity (stock options) and cash (“cash” is the industry term for money wired to your bank account). An Advisory Board provides advice.

article thumbnail

29 Entrepreneurs Reveal How They Came Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

What exactly is going to be the name of your business? Whatever the inspiration or relation may be, naming your business is one of the most important parts of becoming a CEO. Stephanie and I wanted to incorporate different elements and symbols of leadership in our business name. 2- Conventional sounding name.

Naming 100
article thumbnail

Female Founder Interview: Latina Leader Elizabeth Colón

The Startup Magazine

She has been named Chicago Business Journal Woman of Influence (2016), the National Association of Women Business Owners’ Woman Business Owner of the Year award (2015), the Small Business Administration’s Small Business Person of the Year award (2014), and Enterprising Women’s Enterprising Woman of the Year award (2013).

Founder 158
article thumbnail

Demystifying the Various Tax Exemptions: 501(c)(3) vs. 501(c)(4)

Board Effect

For example, they’re not allowed to share in the nonprofit’s stock or profits as is typical with for-profit corporations. Community associations that were formed to improve public services, housing, and residential parking. Community associations that publish a free community newspaper. 501(c)(13) Cemetery companies.