article thumbnail

Test Your Aptitude for Business Internet Jargon

Startup Professionals Musings

Business blogs are an extension of your website and can effectively communicate the value of your business. Today there are huge communities online, like Facebook and Twitter, which grew in popularity for socializing with friends. This is a variation on Internet radio, named from iPods and broadcasting. Social media marketing.

Internet 239
article thumbnail

Internet Business Lingo Quiz for Entrepreneurs

Startup Professionals Musings

Business blogs are an extension of your website and can effectively communicate the value of your business. These are communities wrapped around a website, like Facebook or Twitter. This is a variation on Internet radio, named from iPods and broadcasting. You are now reading one of 50 million out there already. Social networks.

Internet 224
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Power of Quora & Why Benchmark was Right to Pay Up

Both Sides of the Table

If you find the right community it’s a great way to learn, contribute and get to know other people with similar interest. Basically, it’s a topic community discussion board and that’s why people go to AVC.com every day. It also feels very wiki like. Take AVC.com, the blog by Fred Wilson. Engagement.

article thumbnail

A real Customer Advisory Board

Startup Lessons Learned

In previous posts, I’ve mentioned quite a few of these, including these most important ones: having engineers post on the forums in their own name when they make a change routinely split-testing new changes routinely conducting in-person usability tests and interviews Net Promoter Score Each of these techniques is fundamentally bottoms-up.

article thumbnail

How To Create Internal Brand Ambassadors

Brandanew

They can enable your brand to reach the relevant target groups by exposure to their own niche communities. There’s no naming and shaming of the one person responsible for social media or content. Internal employees tend to show strong connections to your brand: This is not difficult to believe.

article thumbnail

Building a new startup hub

Startup Lessons Learned

Ive written a little bit about the origins of Silicon Valley because I think its important for us to understand how we got here in order to make sure we preserve what is best about our community. The companies I spoke to all agreed that the community there was extremely supportive, especially in the critical ulta-early-stage.

article thumbnail

Lessons Learned: Lean hiring tips

Startup Lessons Learned

Much of what I have found effective is counter-intuitive, because it requires investing more effort in each hire - all in the name of efficiency. You are doing the startup community a great service by sharing your insights via your blog. Lean Startup Wiki - including a complete list of local meetups and meetup organizers.

Lean 140