article thumbnail

We’re Hiring a Platform and Operations Associate at NextView

View from Seed

With the recent announcement of our fourth fund , we are expanding the team at NexView with a new Platform and Operations Associate. This role will be virtual through the end of the pandemic, but will ultimately be based in either our New York or Boston office. What Will The Job Be Like.

article thumbnail

This Week in VC with Dana Settle of Greycroft Partners

Both Sides of the Table

Our guest this week on #TWiVC was Dana Settle , partner at Greycroft Partners , a venture capital firm with offices in New York and Los Angeles. Current round: $35mm in Series C (extension of Series B at higher valuation) from General Atlantic, Matrix Partners. Note that I’m not defining who numbers 1,2 are.

Partner 240
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

What Makes a Successful Startup Community? Is it Possible to Build One Where You Live?

Both Sides of the Table

Today I’d like to talk about what startup communities outside of Silicon Valley look like, how they emerge and what makes them take hold. Most of what I think about startup communities came from mentorship by Brad Feld through hours of private discussion and debate. Think Fred Wilson, Tony Hsieh or Brad Feld.

Community 378
article thumbnail

Boston Startup School Graduates To Institute With New York Expansion

ReadWriteStart

A new school designed to teach people the necessary skills to work within the chaos that are startups is coming to New York. Known as the Boston Startup School , the company is now rebranding itself as the Startup Institute and expanding its first class to New York City starting in June. Growing Out Of TechStars.

article thumbnail

Female Founder Interview – Olga Camargo Leads Latinas Fintech Advisory

The Startup Magazine

She launched her financial practice, FARO Associates LLC (Latina/woman-owned/Minority Business Enterprise), and new fintech project, SHENIX, on her culturally-relevant financial services research and community needs. Be part of a community that is looking forward to getting ahead. My own experience.

Founder 138
article thumbnail

Introduction to the New York Fintech Community

David Teten

FinTech New York Accelerator. Rise New York (good mailing list) – includes the Barclays Accelerator , in partnership with Techstars , and a coworking space for fintech startups. Startupbootcamp Fintech New York. Aquiline Capital Partners. Motive Partners. NYCA Partners. Broadhaven.

article thumbnail

Transformify Partners with Genashtim to Help Bridge the Skills Gap

Transformify

The initiative launched by Transformify and supported by its valuable partner, Genashtim, will help those who can not afford the skills training to access it on - line. Genashtim is also a certified B Corporation, an international accreditation for companies using business to do good for its employees, the community, and the environment.

Partner 70