article thumbnail

What Boston’s Top Consumer Tech Leaders Think About Boston’s Consumer Tech Struggles [#BostonB2C Recap]

View from Seed

We have companies in Chicago, San Francisco (and elsewhere in Silicon Valley), Omaha, and New York. Over the past few years, the tech community has absolutely exploded locally (and if you’re new here or just want to take it all in, here’s our Hitchhiker’s Guide to Boston Tech microsite).

Boston 120
article thumbnail

Strategy Roundtable For Entrepreneurs: Menlo Park and The Silicon Valley Renaissance

ReadWriteStart

One theme seems to come up over and again, especially from geographies outside Silicon Valley: lack of a reliable pipeline of deals. I am pretty sure that the pipeline in your community will be of a significantly higher quality within six months. She is a Silicon Valley entrepreneur and strategy consultant.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Startups and small biz at SXSW: ideas on how to spend your time at the conference!

crowdSPRING Blog

Ross and I will be speaking at South by Southwest again this year and hope that you’ll join us there for our talk titled “ Third Coast: How to Be a Startup Outside of Silicon Valley.&# Threadless, 37Signals, FeedBurner, BIG Omaha conference, and SXSW itself are proof that technology life exists away from the coasts.

article thumbnail

Looking Back On Our First Couple Years at NextView

Rob Go

The others are mainly in Silicon Valley with some exceptions. Some of our most interesting companies have originated in places like Estonia (GrabCAD), Croatia (Farmeron) and Omaha (SkyVu), although all have either moved or have a significant presence in a major tech hub like SF, Boston, or NY. OUR INDUSTRY.

article thumbnail

This Weekend

Startup Lessons Learned

The next couple of days are going to be amazing, as the Lean Startup community converges on San Francisco. If you're in town Saturday night, you'll want to stop by Ignite: Lean Startup , a community-run event that features a number of new voices in the Lean Startup community. Welcome to our fair city. Co-founder, Backblaze.

article thumbnail

How to Kick Start Your Community’s Startup Scene

Both Sides of the Table

I have never been more optimistic about the impact that the tech startup community is having on cities in America or about the role that cities outside of San Francisco / Silicon Valley can play in our future. Not all of these products & companies came from Silicon Valley but the overwhelming majority did.

article thumbnail

Shark Tank Season 4 episode 2 breakdown

Lightspeed Venture Partners

Last week I gave a Silicon Valley VC’s take on the company pitches on Shark Tank as the new season four started, and it was well received. Some of the sharks suggested other use cases in the finance or law enforcement communities where privacy and security is important.