article thumbnail

8 Tactics To Make You A Fearless Business Innovator

Startup Professionals Musings

Alex is a Silicon Valley veteran and Cisco executive, often referred to as the ‘innovation therapist,’ who details his knowledge of many real-world cases and specifics on how to keep up with change and win in the marketplace. Capitalize on free communal initiatives around you.

article thumbnail

Open Source Entrepreneurship

Steve Blank

One of the great things about being a retired entrepreneur is that I get to give back to the community that helped me. The Slides/Video tab on the top of this page has all the open source course material for my classes. Visitors Guide to Silicon Valley. Secret History of Silicon Valley.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2020 Lesson Learned Presentations

Steve Blank

I want to make my community, country or world a better place, while solving some of the toughest problems.”. Team Protocol One – Ensuring JTAC to Pilot Communication. Few consider opportunities to make the world safer with the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community or other government agencies. He runs H4X Labs.

Oakland 301
article thumbnail

Should Early Stage Startups Move to Austin because of Capital?

Austin Startup

It follows up on my posts discussing why early stage startups should — or should not — move to Silicon Valley. Tim O’Reilly, Founder at O’Reilly Media and promoter of open source and Web 2.0 In terms of access to capital, Austin is not Silicon Valley or New York — but it is Austin.

article thumbnail

Why You’d Be Insane To Skip College For Startup Dreams

ReadWriteStart

Given the gold rush going on in Silicon Valley right now, it’s not surprising that some young entrepreneurs think it’s time to drop out and start a company. Opens doors all through life. One of Silicon Valley’s biggest problems is that too many waste time building stuff that doesn’t matter.

article thumbnail

9 Startups That Made Life Better In 2014

ReadWriteStart

Based on the buzz it’s created in the developer community this year, we’d say it has followed through on this promise. A rival company has launched a competing version based on its underlying open-source code. And the Docker open-source community may be in the midst of a potentially ugly split.

API 60
article thumbnail

What is Drupal? or, My retraining in Software Development

Scalable Startup

But, there is a serious gap in the discipline, number of developers and community around real software development here. from catching up with Silicon Valley and New York as a stronger startup region. I’ve had 7 jobs in Silicon Valley in software development companies, but 6 of the 7 were in business development.