article thumbnail

Skills Development in Africa: How Wide is the Skills Gap?

Transformify

Java EE, Java SE, PHP, and Javascript are the most common programming languages. About 2% of the participants have SEO and Google Analytics skills, about 3% have stated that they possess digital marketing skills. Java EE, Java SE, Javascript, PHP, Software, Development, Software Testing, SQL. Project/ Product Management.

Africa 75
article thumbnail

CEO Friday: Why we don’t hire.NET programmers

blog.expensify.com

But I’ve seen some recent comments that this post might have upset and offended the SMB community that we serve, and that I cannot abide. Full discloure, I am a former PHP, Perl, ColdFusion, ActionScript, VB.NET, ASP.NET and C# developer. ” The cherry on top for me was that you guys are a PHP shop! Squirrels Ewer.

Java 107
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Which language should my startup use?

www.reincubate.com

Share this: net c# development django java language php software Were often asked by entrepreneurs which language their startups should adopt when developing their technology. PHP is insecure? These are Java (from Sun),NET (from Microsoft), and three Open Source options: PHP, Python and Ruby. Ruby on Rails doesnt scale?

article thumbnail

Startup Tools

steveblank.com

Simple editing. Rails deployment made easy AppHarbor – Heroku for.net jQuery - cross-browser JavaScript library jQuery UI - official jQuery user interface library.

article thumbnail

Startup Resources

www.vccafe.com

Ning Communities. PHP-FPM (a patch for php4/5 to greatly improve FastCGI SAPI usage). cakePHP (PHP). Drupal (PHP). Kohana (PHP). Zend Framework (PHP). WordPress (PHP). Aptana Cloud (svn, IDE, php, java, rails etc…). SEO and Analytics Tutorials. SEO for Startups â??

article thumbnail

The Stairstep Approach to Bootstrapping

Software By Rob

In my case, that meant getting good at SEO with my first project, instead of trying to learn SEO, Adwords, Facebook ads, etc. Richard Chen of PHP Grid recently made the jump from one-time sales to leaving his job, and is working on climbing to the next step. Getting those initial early sales is a big win. all at once.

article thumbnail

Recent Interview for Workbridge

Scalable Startup

>> The 15 Minute Website and Personal Website “Portfolios” – soon anyone will be able to build multiple personal sites with full e-commerce, payment systems, community, social networking, SEO, and big data analytics with no coding and very easy manipulation.

PHP 22