article thumbnail

Breyer Capital Austin?—?End of Year Update

Austin Startup

Old and new friends have reached out to welcome us to their community and share ideas about how we could play an impactful role in this remarkable city and state. Even in 2020, a difficult year by any measure, the Austin community has surpassed all of my expectations. In my last post, I highlighted Swivel and OJO Labs.

Austin 84
article thumbnail

Tackling The Talent Gap: Best Practices For Uncovering New Hires

YoungUpstarts

Robust startup economies are popping up in communities all over the country, proving that entrepreneurs can succeed outside of Silicon Valley. stars*, Tech Elevator, Bunker Labs and others in your community which provide access to diverse developers, business leaders, mentors, and board members. Foster what you find.

Hiring 100
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The rise of the female founder

Version One Ventures

We’re all too familiar with the very real gender gap within the tech community. Business Insider recently crunched the numbers behind 26 of the top venture capital funds in Silicon Valley and learned that the percentage of female-founded startups in their portfolios ranged from a high of 19% to a low of just 4%.

article thumbnail

GrabCAD & Professional Communities ? AGILEVC

Agile VC

GrabCAD & Professional Communities. Today one of our portfolio companies, GrabCAD, announced it’s Series A funding led by Matrix. In addition to compelling founders, we were drawn to the company by their vision for a professional community for mechanical engineers and designers. How to Evaluate Firms for a Seed VC.

Community 100
article thumbnail

In Silicon Valley, Founders Fight for Control

online.wsj.com

Create a profile for me in the Journal Community. As a registered user of The Wall Street Journal Online, you will be able to: Setup and manage your portfolio. Journal Community. Theres a power struggle underway in Silicon Valley. Journal Community. Why Register? Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions.

article thumbnail

Observations from my trip to India

Version One Ventures

It’s obviously very large, but most start-up activity is concentrated in a few cities: Bangalore (the “Silicon Valley” of India), Delhi (the 33m strong capital of India), Mumbai (the financial capital) and Chennai. There is definitely an enthusiastic community to build on and I met some very smart crypto founders during my trip!

India 87
article thumbnail

The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Boston Tech Community (Fall 2013 Edition)

Rob Go

There is a wealth of resources that are unique to this town and a vibrant community of hackers, product designers, business people, and investors at various stages in their career. Mobile Mondays : Boston chapter of the world’s largest Mobile professional community. GrabCAD – 3D Community and Collaboration (NextView Portfolio Company).

Boston 71