article thumbnail

The 4 Best Cities In America For Startups

YoungUpstarts

If you really want to make it, you need to go somewhere that allows you to network with the thriving tech community. Everyone knows that Silicon Valley has been, historically speaking, the source of much innovation. There is just one problem – you can’t do it alone. San Francisco is already well publicized.

America 100
article thumbnail

10 Best Cities in the United States for Startups and Entrepreneurs (2018)

crowdSPRING Blog

Silicon Valley has dominated the U.S. Despite repeated efforts, only a few cities outside the Valley (New York and Boston) have historically had the critical mix of VC funding, network, and talent to fuel vibrant startup centers. cities (outside of Silicon Valley and the East Coast), to build your startup.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Year of Startups Everywhere

Feld Thoughts

When the phrase “Startup Communities” started to become mainstream around 2012, I made the strong assertion that you could create a startup community in any city with at least 100,000 people. My argument is, and has never been, against Silicon Valley, but rather for the rest of the planet.

article thumbnail

Bigger in Bend – Building a Regional Startup Cluster–part 1 of 3

Steve Blank

It’s home to a small but growing tech community that has been developing over the past decade, and that’s what piqued my interest. The differences between the Bend, Oregon region and Silicon Valley are obvious. The sheer density of talent, companies, capital and universities that exist in the Valley are second to none.

article thumbnail

Mentoring the mentors: Advice and inspiration for startup mentors

siliconflorist.com

Silicon Florist. Covering the blossoming startup industry in Portland, Oregon, and the Silicon Forest. Related posts Cloudability’s day in the sun: Portland company lands $8.7 0) Just hack it: Nike launches Nike+ Accelerator powered by TechStars in Portland. Community Manager. Beer and Blog Portland.

article thumbnail

Urban Airship Meeting Rules

Feld Thoughts

He and his team are building an amazing company in Portland. Urban Airship, Tello and the Power of Community. Urban Airship, diversifying technologically and geographically, buys Silicon Valley startup Tello. I love Scott Kveton , the CEO of Urban Airship. But even more impressive is how Scott leads his company.

Portland 190
article thumbnail

Nike Accelerator – Powered By TechStars

Feld Thoughts

When we started TechStars in 2006, one of our premises was to help build a strong startup community in Boulder. Based in Portland, the program is just a short drive away from Nike World Headquarters. will begin in March of 2013 and conclude in June with two investor demo days; one in Portland and one in Silicon Valley.

Portland 151