article thumbnail

GrabCAD & Professional Communities ? AGILEVC

Agile VC

How to Evaluate Firms for a Seed VC. GrabCAD & Professional Communities. NextView originally invested in the company’s seed round in the spring of 2011 and we again participated in this latest round along with Atlas Venture. Im a former Silicon Valley entrepreneur turned East Coast VC. January 4, 2012.

Community 100
article thumbnail

Leaving Government for the Private Sector – Part 2

Steve Blank

I didn’t want to have to sell back into the intelligence community, because I didn’t want to leverage my contacts so tactically, but plenty of people do it (and we need good people to do it. If you’re really bold, join an early-stage company (seed stage, Series A), but have conviction about the team.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Who Should be on Your Startup Board?

Both Sides of the Table

As per the chart above, I highly recommend keeping a founder dominated board at the seed stage. Whether the seed investor gets a permanent seat or a temporary seat will largely depend on: The size check they wrote (If it’s a $1.5m If you’re a super experienced Silicon Valley CEO with a billion-dollar exit?—?probably.

article thumbnail

LinkedIn: The Series A Fundraising Story ? AGILEVC

Agile VC

Silicon Valley is still emerging from the tech bubble and massive downturn of late 2000-2002. Online social networking is a concept still being evangelized even in Silicon Valley… Friendster is in private beta (wasn’t until Oct 2003 they received Google acquisition offer which they turned down for Kleiner/Benchmark round).

article thumbnail

17 Venture Capital Blogs You Should Be Reading

Up and Running

But, getting in the doors of a Sand Hill Road VC in Silicon Valley can be an incredibly difficult undertaking. Almost as good as the blog itself is the thoughtful and intelligent community that posts hundreds of insightful comments on a daily basis. Follow AVC on Twitter @avc, f ollow Fred on Twitter @fredwilson. Sam Altman.

article thumbnail

Primer On Funding Trends for Early-Stage Startups

Startup Professionals Musings

If you are new to the entrepreneurial world of startups, you are likely confused by the terminology of seed-stage, lean startups, micro-VCs, and Super Angels. The good news is that he is all about helping early-stage startups, the hard part for entrepreneurs is figuring out what it takes to play. Super Angels.

article thumbnail

New Early Stage Financing Options for Entrepreneurs

Startup Professionals Musings

If you are new to the entrepreneurial world of startups, you are likely confused by the terminology of seed-stage, lean startups, micro-VCs, and Super Angels. Seed-stage means promising companies that don’t yet have a revenue stream, and may not yet have a proof of concept. Super Angels. Business accelerator.