Fri.Feb 22, 2013

Trending Sources

HTML5: 10 Provocative Predictions For The Future

readwrite.com

Sections. Social. Mobile. Enterprise. Cloud. Small Biz. About. Contact. Advertise. Privacy. Search. Follow us. Share. Share… on Facebook. Cloud.

HTML 62

College Degree Required. But Why?

Fresh Inc.: The Staff Blog

A bachelor's degree is now required for jobs that used to be held by high school grads. Could this actually hurt your business? But what?

CPA 46

If It Ain't Generating Qualified Leads, Don't Do It!

Small Business Force

Qualified leads are the fuel that drives the sales engine , which, in turn drives revenue. Don't just describe features. In short, qualified leads.

Brian Halligan: 5 Ways to Build Trust Fast

Fresh Inc.: The Staff Blog

Today faith only goes so far. Earning trust is the sure path to success. Brian Halligan, CEO Of HubSpot, shares five tips for building trust fast.

10 Job Titles Never Found in an Investable Startup

Startup Professionals Musings

It’s your startup, so you can give early partners any title you want, but be aware of potential investor and peer implications. Chief Evangelist.

CTO 34

More Trending

A tip for effective meetings: Always be capturing

Design Staff

At HubSpot , we recently did a product design sprint with the Google Ventures Design Studio. Our design team learned a lot from Google Ventures.

How My Site Gets Tons of Traffic From Pinterest

Fresh Inc.: The Staff Blog

My company, Greatist, is the fastest growing health-and-wellness site on the Web. We wouldn't have that label without these tricks for using Pinterest.

The 10 Questions I Didn’t Expect to Be Asked by Investors

Up and Running

Don’t get me wrong, I was asked these questions – many of them – but it was the questions below that I wasn’t expecting.

Content Your Customers Actually Care About

Fresh Inc.: The Staff Blog

Offer expertise and knowledge to help customers--don't just sell to them. Content marketing seems to be all the rage right now, right? True story.

The Best Business Voicemail Greeting

Mike Michalowicz

There is a 97% chance that your office voice mail greeting stinks. Have a great day!”. The 2.9% And 0.1% have a remarkable voicemail greeting.

Bobbi Brown: You Have to Think on Your Feet

Fresh Inc.: The Staff Blog

Before she built a beauty empire, Bobbie Brown gleaned business instincts from her Cadillac-selling grandfather. The guy bought two cars.

Handwritten Notes: The Forgotten Business & Sales Tool

Mike Michalowicz

For Those Who Can’t Read My Handwritten Note. admit, there is one downside to a handwritten note. In other words it doesn’t stand out.

Sales 21

Don't Just Play to Win--Win Beautifully

Fresh Inc.: The Staff Blog

Adopting a more vibrant approach to teamwork can improve the flow and performance of your organization. Here are six tips: 1.

MetroHi.com Embraces a Unique Approach for Reputation Management

SiliconHills

BY IAN PANCHEVRE Reporter with Silicon Hills News MetroHi.com , a San Antonio based startup in the review management space, started with humble beginnings but is now picking up momentum, and it’s all thanks to a unique approach to an enduring problem. Radu Istrate, the founder and CEO of MetroHi and a Boston College graduate, [.] Austin Technology

4 Ways to Sink a Press Conference

Fresh Inc.: The Staff Blog

Sony's underwhelming PS4 announcement suggests there is a right way and a wrong way to do a big product reveal. Here's what not to do. Drag it out.

Leadership is not a popularity contest

Jeff Hilimire

Delta’s President, Ed Bastian, took the time to chat with some of the people from my Leadership Atlanta class and we were all blown away. And you could tell he really does care. And on this note, he emphasized that people don’t pay attention to the words of a leader, they pay attention to the actions of the leader.

The Fashion Week You've Never Heard Of

Fresh Inc.: The Staff Blog

The runways in New York, Paris, and Milan may get all the attention, but most of the industry's business happens at a different event.

Twitter Link Roundup #167 – Small Business, Social Media, Design, Copywriting, Marketing And More

crowdSPRING Blog

Every day on the crowdSPRING Twitter account and on my own Twitter account , I post links to posts or videos I enjoyed reading or viewing. These posts and videos are about logo design , web design , startups, entrepreneurship, small business, leadership, social media, marketing, and more! Imagine drawing in three dimensions. For real!

Review: 3 Great Backup Batteries

Fresh Inc.: The Staff Blog

Rechargeable battery packs for your smartphone or tablet. Rechargeable battery packs can help by adding hours of juice. Cost: $60

A tip for effective meetings: Always be capturing

Design Staff

At HubSpot , we recently did a product design sprint with the Google Ventures Design Studio. It was a great experience, not only to work alongside a team of highly accomplished designers, but to observe their design process and how they proceed through a project. Our design team learned a lot from Google Ventures. We learned about designing quickly.

An Investment Per Week: Reaktor's POLTE Invests Into Avansera

ArcticStartup

After investing into three companies (VALO, FUSION, and RBN), a finnish IT company Reaktor announced a new investment arm of the company - POLTE.

Spain 13

2 Start-up Tax Credits You Should Use

Fresh Inc.: The Staff Blog

As part of the American Taxpayer Relief Act, two tax credits popular among start-ups were retroactively extended through 2013. Don't miss out.

Green 10

Atlanta’s 6th Annual Startup Riot Throws Up Three Winners

YoungUpstarts

McCann, vice president of Research in Motion (now BlackBerry) and former founder of Gist Inc., Agency Spotter. Banyan. Bookup. BrainPik. Campus Bubble.

Is the 'Hire Slow, Fire Fast' Theory Total Crap?

Fresh Inc.: The Staff Blog

The catchphrase 'hire slow, fire fast' is popular in the start-up community, but is it actually good advice? Depends on what you mean by hire slow.

CTO 10

ZippyKid Featured on Slice of Silicon Hills News

SiliconHills

This week on Slice of Silicon Hills News, host Andrew Moore interviews Vid Luther, founder of ZippyKid, a WordPress hosting site. The startup, founded in 2010, is based at Geekdom, a sponsor of Silicon Hills News. Moore interviews Luther at the Silver Fox Studios, which is also a sponsor of Silicon Hills News, on the [.] Austin Technology

Holy $#%&: Cursing at Work Might Be Okay

Fresh Inc.: The Staff Blog

CEO David Farr was taken to task last week for his use of four-letter words. What does your choice to profane or not profane say to your audience?

“If I Fail, I Try Again and Again and Again…It’s Not the End”

Scott Edward Walker

Welcome to our weekly series “ Motivational Clips for Entrepreneurs.”  Each week, we share a favorite video clip to inspire and motivate entrepreneurs. 

Would You Get Naked With a Customer?

Fresh Inc.: The Staff Blog

In some cultures, getting naked with customers is just part of doing business. Just to be clear, I'm not talking about anything overtly sexual.

Only the paranoid survive

deal architect

I have made a personal resolution – avoid watching shows like Homeland and 24. find myself paranoid after watching them. Industry Commentary

CEO Experiments With Twitter's Promoted Accounts: Was It Worth It?

Fresh Inc.: The Staff Blog

The pros and cons of paying for a promoted spot on Twitter. But what about the long game? For a business, though, Senecal told Inc.

Friday Wrap Up: Crowdfunding Success, Tech Events And Pirates

ArcticStartup

Greg is away in Spain on a "business trip", enjoying the sun and getting to know the Finnish Start-Ups over there. Register here.

You Don't Get What You Deserve, You Get What You Negotiate

Fresh Inc.: The Staff Blog

When it comes to the 'art of the deal,' most of us hope we get what we deserve. The self-made wealthy ask for the most they can get. Do you agree?

.Net 5

Rovio's SVP Of Marketing Ville Heijari To Open Helsinki PlayHaven Office

ArcticStartup

As Helsinki solidifies itself as the european gaming capital, PlayHaven, a lifetime value maximization platform for mobile games has hired Rovio SVP of Marketing Ville Heijari to start PlayHaven's international expansion. million (story to come) and Helsinki-based Metrifiy also in this area. PlayHaven will also open a Berlin office

via @phineasb

Bryce Dot VC

via @phineasb

3
3