Remove 1997 Remove Community Remove Customer Development Remove Lean
article thumbnail

Clayton Christensen

Steve Blank

I remember the first time I read the Innovator’s Dilemma in 1997. Customer Development became one of the three parts of the Lean Startup as Eric Ries and Alexander Osterwalder provided the other two components (Agile Engineering and the business model canvas.) I never got to say thank you. Eye Opening.

Lean 428
article thumbnail

Don’t Underestimate the Undergraduates

Steve Blank

Jim has founded six companies, including Preview Travel, one of the first online travel agencies, which went public in 1997 and subsequently merged to create Travelocity.com as an independent company. I asked Jim to share what he learned in teaching the Lean LaunchPad class to undergraduates. And Zignal Labs. What did we experience?

Lean 282
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Entrepreneurs are Everywhere Show No. 26: Javier Saade and Hillary Hartley

Steve Blank

government is discovering that Lean innovation can help them serve the country better and faster. She came to the GSA as a Presidential Innovation Fellow in 2013, where she worked on the development of MyUSA.gov. Filed under: Customer Development , SiriusXM Radio Show. If you can’t hear the clip, click here.

article thumbnail

Lies Entrepreneurs Tell Themselves « Steve Blank

Steve Blank

Filed under: Customer Development , Family/Career , Technology | Tagged: Steve Blank , Entrepreneurs , Tips for Startups « Am I a Founder? If you are ever interested in sharing your message with the start-up community in Atlanta, I would be more than happy to help. The Adventure of a Lifetime. Reply Michael F.