article thumbnail

How Universities Can Help Students and Alumni Work in the Tech Industry

David Teten

Along with some friends from Yale (my alma mater), I recently brainstormed some ideas to accelerate a university’s campus tech community. Marketing of tech community : Yale Tech News , Yale Entrepreneurship Magazine. Those unique assets are sometimes leverageable into a resource for strengthening the university’s tech community.

article thumbnail

Piers, Parks and Why White People Suck

This is going to be BIG.

The cost for the park totals in the hundreds of millions of dollars. The park as it is currently designed is serving the wider community of Brooklyn, not necessarily the people who live right next door who may have, at one time, thought of it as "theirs". Actually, we wouldn''t have any of that stuff if it wasn''t for the housing plan.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Why (and how) you should let your customers do the advertising for you

Duct Tape Marketing

Hatchwise is a crowdsourced design community that has designed over a million different logos, websites and graphics of all kinds. My company was profitable, but I was constantly stressing over the daily fluctuations in advertising cost. I am currently CEO of a company I founded around 8 years ago: Hatchwise.

article thumbnail

Transcript of How to Turn Your Product Idea Into a Business

Duct Tape Marketing

Exactly, the prior product would have been a kind of clunky speedometer that had no connectivity to a community or to a manufacturer to your phone. So we try to crack that in terms of creating that community who give products the audience and visibility, and that just simply didn’t exist, we start the Grommet.

Product 60
article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

Communications. Connecticut. Low Cost Franchises. Connecticut. Journal Community. Journal Community. A community of WSJ readers interested in franchising news, trends and issues. Journal Community. Answers allows you to tap the knowledge of Community members. Journal Community.

article thumbnail

Join a conference simulcast near you

Startup Lessons Learned

One of the most important things we do with The Lean Startup Conference is make a livestream of the plenary talks available for free to groups around the world, supporting entrepreneurship communities everywhere. Most simulcasts are free, although some charge a small fee to cover their costs.

article thumbnail

From Nothing To Something. How To Get There.

techcrunch.com

A good mentor is someone who has been part of the startup community themselves – someone who has a realistic understanding of some of the basic dos and don’ts of starting up. The project was so low cost they did not even want to bother with it. Thus why I decided to wait until the market allowed for low cost investment.