article thumbnail

October 18, CT: HBS Panel on VC in Connecticut

David Teten

I’ll be a panelist at a HBS Club of Connecticut/HBS Angels Venture Capital in Connecticut Panel Discussion and Cocktail Reception on October 18. The event will be held at the recently-established Stamford Innovation Center , of which fellow panelist Barry Schwimmer is Founder and Managing Partner.

article thumbnail

How Universities Can Help Students and Alumni Work in the Tech Industry

David Teten

My former Partner John Frankel of ff Venture Capital observes that 20 years ago, the defining movie of the generation was “Wall Street”. This is a topic we care a lot about, given HOF Capital’s long-term strategy for partnering with universities and my forthcoming book on “ hacking the university ”. “CEO is the new Analyst.”.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

22 Entrepreneurs Explain Their Major Accomplishments in 2020

Hearpreneur

My firm worked to expanded our criminal law practice and online presence in 2020 to domestic violence, child protection, and Connecticut Department of Children & Families defense. We used the court closure downtime to create dcfdefense dot com, Connecticut’s only website dedicated to child protection and Connecticut DCF defense.

article thumbnail

20 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

So now here in CT people will search for we buy houses in connecticut. Do this right and you have a winner with the potential to grow a whole new community of young givers, cheerful to give back and donate to charity. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. Thanks to Chima Ezeilo, FunDonor ! Thanks to Stacey A.

Naming 89
article thumbnail

Transcript of How to Turn Your Product Idea Into a Business

Duct Tape Marketing

This transcript is sponsored by our transcript partner – Rev – Get $10 off your first order. Check it out at semrush.com/partner/ducttapemarketing , and we’ll have that in the show notes. Or, do you actually somehow partner a little deeper than that? We called them partners, but that’s kind of vague.

Product 61
article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

The company raised $45 million in venture capital from firms including DCM, Emergence Capital Partners and Bessemer Venture Partners, and built partnerships with AOL Inc., and Verizon Communications Inc. David Cowan of Bessemer Venture Partners has stuck with Mr. Dreymann. Communications. Connecticut.

article thumbnail

HBS Alumni Angels NY new chairman: Jason Klein

David Teten

I will continue to work closely with the group, while continuing to serve as a Partner at ff Venture Capital. Competitiveness Project , which challenged the HBS alumni community to address America’s declining competitiveness. I’ve enjoyed working with our partners at VentureOutNY and Worldwide Investor Network.

New York 114