article thumbnail

Meta’s CTO Andrew Bosworth Says Video Games Were What Hooked Him On Tech

Hunter Walker

The combo convinced me that software was for creativity and community — 100% impacted the rest of my life. Every Easter break and summer we were camping or backpacking somewhere here in the American West, from Baja to Oregon and as far east as New Mexico. I’m comfortable not hearing conversations not intended for me.

Video 104
article thumbnail

The Energy Revolution is (Finally) Here

Version One Ventures

Today, the cost of solar is ~2-5 cents / kWh with many bids for new utility scale projects coming in at less than 2 cents (e.g. cents / kwh in New Mexico ). . But that’s a conversation for another article. . Community ownership of energy assets like solar farms or batteries. cents / kwh in Abu Dhabi and 1.5

Mexico 218
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Boulder Shouldn’t Municipalize Its Energy Utility System

Feld Thoughts

Citizens and businesses would be wise to scrutinize this investment not just because of the millions that are being spent now, but more importantly because of the serious impact that potentially higher electricity prices could have on this community in the coming years.

article thumbnail

The 50 Top Startups at SXSW 2019

Austin Startup

The 50 Top Startups at SXSW 2019 was originally published in Austin Startups on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story. These posts often cover tech-related trends; other times they focus on books, pop culture, sports and other current events.

article thumbnail

Top Social Media Measurement and Tracking Tools

www.foliomag.com

MediaPRO Community. The breakdown: “Capturing conversation outside brand-owned channels is not a perfect science, but at the moment, Radian6 is leading the pack. The breakdown: “This is a new vendor for us. Erin Hoskins, Senior Marketing Director, New Media, Meredit h. Thanks for being part of the FOLIO: community.

article thumbnail

SXSW Startups: UbiGro

Austin Startup

A finalist in Hyper-Connected Communities , which will pitch at 5 pm Saturday, March 9, UbiGro is a nanotech-enabled greenhouse film by UbiQD, Inc. Once you have the content down, then can you relax and be conversational, with good jokes. The key to a well-received pitch is to make it feel conversational and insert natural humor.

article thumbnail

Transcript of How Meditation Can Change Your Life (and the World)

Duct Tape Marketing

He’s on the road right now touring with the film on his way to Taos, New Mexico as we record this. Tom Cronin: I think what we should do at this, and at that point of that level of conversation is we should look at the science of the current research that’s done on the pharmaceuticals. So Tom, thanks for joining me.